New rider! | GTAMotorcycle.com

New rider!

Andrew89

Hi all! Bought a sweeeet FZ09 in January. Absolutely cant wait to ride! My first bike purchased and new (beginner) to this forum!

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Welcome!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk on the Rogers network through a cell Tower down the street beamed onto your mobile device via a Russian Sputnik satellite ?:p

Last edited:
Welcome! Cool Bike, ride safe!!

That's a powerful bike so be careful. Getting an FZ-07 come spring myself.

Congrats. Definitely a sweet bike. At 115HP, though, it would not have been my first choice as a "beginner" ride. Is it a brand new (2015) or a used one? If used, read this article where they talk about fueling and throttle sensitivity on earlier '09s.

Take care and enjoy!

Hey hey hey!! Enjoy the newly acquired beast!
and be careful, dont rush to come out riding very early, lots of sand and dirt on the roads

Welcome!
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk
wow im surprised it doesnt say what satellite or service provider youre using.. lol :p

and be careful, dont rush to come out riding very early, lots of sand and dirt on the roads

wow im surprised it doesnt say what satellite or service provider youre using.. lol
The app sticks that crap in by default. I turned it off.

wow im surprised it doesnt say what satellite or service provider youre using.. lol :p

Fixed. ?

Thanks everyone! Definitely not taking out the bike till early April and after a few rainfalls to clear the roads.
I got the ECU re flashed by my dealer and im sticking to 'B' mode with extra cautious riding on the side roads for a few weeks until i start riding it on main roads.

Congrats. Definitely a sweet bike. At 115HP, though, it would not have been my first choice as a "beginner" ride. Is it a brand new (2015) or a used one? If used, read this article where they talk about fueling and throttle sensitivity on earlier '09s.

Take care and enjoy!

Bought a used 2014 fz09. Got the ECU re flashed to match the 15's and im still thinking about getting a Power Commander V once i install a after market exhaust. I've ridden bikes before, so im not exactly a beginner. This is just the first bike ive personally owned.

I like to think of myself as a cautious and defensive driver, so I hope that road awareness will transfer to this bike lol. And im definitely keeping my wrist low on the throttle to avoid sudden jerks from bumps and what not.

Don't worry about what everyone else is saying, you'll be fine... just have fun!

Back
Top Bottom