New rider, will attempt the impossible... | GTAMotorcycle.com

New rider, will attempt the impossible...

El Cockblock

Hello all,

I'm a new rider and I'm all for keeping my *** on the seat and the rubber side down... while in motion. I got my little white envelope of my M1 exit test and will submit next week to the ministry to get my new plastic in the mail; and then I'll attempt the seemingly impossible...

...getting full M in less than 12 months (you read that correctly)
icon12.png

We shall meet on the streets
icon6.png

Safe riding and full gear on bitches!

Last edited:
I don't think it's "seemingly impossible," I think it's just "regular impossible."

whats your hurry anyway? M2 only has the one restriction on blood alcohol level

Yeah explain that please. The mandatory waiting time before you can take your M2 exit is 22 months unless you take further courses to shorten it to 18 months. So unless you have a relative working at the mto who is going to alter some numbers for you in their database it's not happening. And like tricky said, why the rush anyway? An M2 allows you to ride all roads and has all the same privleges as a full M other than the M allowing you to have the alcohol limit that G license riders have. I'm M2 now and if it wasn't for the fact that the m2 expires after 5 years i wouldn't even bother getting my full M as i have no plans to ever drink and ride, no matter how small the amount.

Except getting a lower price on your insurance I dont see why you would like to get you're M license...I drink A LOT and i dont even think about drinking when I'm on my bike or think about going on my bike but everybody as their choices in life...:confused:

Ryde safe

mikbusa said:
Good luck, not sure MTO will agree with your plans though. "You must have a Class M2 licence for a minimum of 22 months. If you complete an approved motorcycle safety course, you may reduce this time requirement by four months."
http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/gradu/index.shtml#m2 And I'm not sure why you would be in such a hurry. Slow down and enjoy.

Well, I've read all about MTO's regulations, I just happen to know how to take advantage of the exceptions in the system ;-)

tricky said:
I don't think it's "seemingly impossible," I think it's just "regular impossible."

It's not a hurry though, it's just my nature of finding a way to get things faster.

Besides, I already had the alcohol privilege with my G license, those MTO bastards took it away!

Last edited:
So do you care to explain how you can avoid the minimum waiting period to get you full M?

One think that you should consider is to go for your M in fairly soon after your mandatory waiting period is up. You would be surprised at how quickly that 5 years can go. There are a lot of people who never get their M as they end up realizing that they only have a month left and they cannot get their test booked in time. Or they just don't end up riding enough, let it expire and then have to start over again a couple of years later because they decide that they want to ride.

Also with M2 only it seems a lot of companies restrict what you can ride at demo days -- I wanted to take out a CBR600RRA, and Honda's policy was full M only.

One think that you should consider is to go for your M in fairly soon after your mandatory waiting period is up. You would be surprised at how quickly that 5 years can go. There are a lot of people who never get their M as they end up realizing that they only have a month left and they cannot get their test booked in time. Or they just don't end up riding enough, let it expire and then have to start over again a couple of years later because they decide that they want to ride.

I definitely plan on going for my M as soon as I'm eligible, I just don't really understand why he's so intent on having it ahead of schedule

So do you care to explain how you can avoid the minimum waiting period to get you full M?

Well, it's a long story and I have to confirm some facts with MTO before I actually attempt the odyssey.

As soon as I have all cleared up I will post it here, but I know there is a way ;)

Yeah explain that please. The mandatory waiting time before you can take your M2 exit is 22 months unless you take further courses to shorten it to 18 months. So unless you have a relative working at the mto who is going to alter some numbers for you in their database it's not happening. And like tricky said, why the rush anyway? An M2 allows you to ride all roads and has all the same privleges as a full M other than the M allowing you to have the alcohol limit that G license riders have. I'm M2 now and if it wasn't for the fact that the m2 expires after 5 years i wouldn't even bother getting my full M as i have no plans to ever drink and ride, no matter how small the amount.

Nope, no relatives or buddies at the MTO (wish I had), it's all through the proper way.

I do not plan on drinking and riding either. Nada.

I already had the privilege with my G class and I just want to have the option back for when I'm driving my car, plus the reduced insurance.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom