New rider in Durham! | GTAMotorcycle.com

New rider in Durham!

LeSkelebones

Hey all,

Just decided in July that I was going to get a bike @ 39, recently finished my rider training course/M2 exit.

Was planning to buy a bike in the spring since my M2 wasn't going to be available to me until end of October, I didn't think any insurance companies would touch me with an M1.

I made the call to the insurance company to get an idea of what kind of damage i'd be looking at month to month in the spring (was thinking a CBR500) and was pleasantly surprised that they would cover me now, and that it wasn't going to be very expensive at all (under 1k/year)

So I set out to buy a CBR500, while I was there I saw a very lightly used and clean 2014 Honda CTX700N so now that's my first bike :)

trying to capitalize on the remaining bits of the riding season, and level up my skills for next year.

Any time is a great time to get started. I was older then you when I got my license. Oct is just around the corner. Enjoy it's a blast!

Welcome to GTAM.

Welcome LeSkelebones there's always useful informations in this forum;-)

Welcome. Most new riders get into wrecks because they overestimate their skills, and statistically most motorcycle accidents are single-vehicle affairs, with "failure to negotiate corner" being amongst the highest causes.

Don't fall into that trap and become a statistic.

And never stop learning. Consider an advanced rider course this fall or next spring if you can afford it - it will be the best money you'll ever spend on riding, gear aside.

Back
Top Bottom