New Rider - How do you get through the winter? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Rider - How do you get through the winter?

and now an amazon live link in the post
anyone else seeing this?
or maybe my browser is hijacked?
I see the same as wingboy, nothing in original post viglink in your quote. I thought the viglinks were a GTAM plugin to try to get paul some click revenue? Strange that only you see it. Mayb ABP smoked it for me.

EDIT:
Disabled ABP, no change

I keep riding if the roads are clear and the temps are above 6 or 8c. Proper gear for the temps, and ride to conditions.

The rest of the time?

I spend it here on GTAM debating with others about:

- How my bike is going to turn into a pile of rust because I dared take it out in the winter before 20 spring rains cleared away every trace of salt within a 20 mile radius.

- How salt dust is apparently equivalent to KY Jelly and will instantly cause me to crash as soon as my wheels touch it.

- How motorcycle engines are somehow special and "not designed to be run in cold weather" and will supposedly damage it.

- How tires have seemingly negative traction at anything below 10c.

- How I'm destroying my bikes resale value because someone may find a spot of rust on it somewhere.

- How I'll never get all the salt off of it because it finds "nooks and crannies" that are apparently equivalent to black holes that can never be found or cleaned.

- How I'm going to fry my electrical system because motorcycle wiring isn't designed for use in winter conditions and any salt that gets liquid on it while I wash the bike will "eat it".

- How it's a good thing (it's not, it's a terrible thing) to start your bike routinely over the winter and let it idle for a few minutes to "recharge the battery and move the oil around"...

Umm.... I'll come back and edit this as I remember more GTAM discussions here from years passed.

Add in a wave thread or an oil thread, and next thing you know it...it's May again! ?

Last edited:
5CF89596-C58F-4E3C-BC28-99C551EE6381.jpeg
Ride sleds. More fun then street bikes but the weather sucks. If your into bicycles Joyride 150 has an indoor bike park which is a good time.

I wish we had indoor mx in Ontario. There’s a few places in the U.S about 4 hours from the border but I can’t find health insurance to cover myself so I won’t ride down there.

Roll up in a ball, cry myself to sleep and try to hibernate until spring. Then go to the bike show in January to make me feel even worse about not being able to ride.

I keep riding if the roads are clear and the temps are above 6 or 8c. Proper gear for the temps, and ride to conditions.

The rest of the time?

I spend it here on GTAM debating with others about how my bike is going to turn into a pile of rust because I dared take it out in the winter before 20 spring rains cleared away every trace of salt within a 20 mile radius, about how salt dust is apparently equivalent to KY Jelly and will instantly cause me to crash as soon as my wheels touch it, how motorcycle engines are somehow special and "not designed to be run in cold weather" and will supposedly be damaged, how tires have negative traction at anything below 10c, how I'm destroying my bikes resale value because someone may find a spot of rust on it somewhere, how I'll never get all the salt off of it because it finds "nooks and crannies" that are apparently equivalent to black holes that can never be found or cleaned, how I'm going to fry my electrical system because motorcycle wiring isn't designed for use in winter conditions and any salt that gets liquid on it while I wash the bike will "eat it"...

Umm.... I'll come back and edit this as I remember more discussions here from years passed.

Add in a wave thread or an oil thread, and next thing you know it...it's May again! ?
You forgot the battery discussion: tender love vs subzero startup-recharges.

I just installed a 55" TV and a 40KBTU gas furnace in my garage for the winter, will be a bit more comfortable spending time with the girls.

You forgot the battery discussion: tender love vs subzero startup-recharges.

Ah yes, good catch, I'll add that in right now. ;)

Back
Top Bottom