New Rider - How do you get through the winter? | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Rider - How do you get through the winter?

Hello,

This is my first season riding and I have never had so much fun but winter is coming and I am dreading not riding. How do you get through the winter? Do you have any recommendations? Is there a place to ride indoors or something?

Thanks

Mad Mike

I put on snow tires
1569525170477.png

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
I've put 5,000km on in Ontario in January before. When the weather is nice, get out there.

Blackfin

Site Supporter
My bike sleeps in a secure, heated facility. I'd never subject it to brine or salt powder or risk it on cold asphalt.

While it hibernates I surf the web looking for new t1res (take that, ad bot), gear, accessories and **** on which to waste my money. But mostly I ***** and moan about how much winter sucks.

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
My bike sleeps in a secure, heated facility. I'd never subject it to brine or salt powder or risk it on cold asphalt.

While it hibernates I surf the web looking for new t1res (take that, ad bot), gear, accessories and **** on which to waste my money. But mostly I ***** and moan about how much winter sucks.
Get a winter bike :) insurance is basically free and there are some beautiful riding days.

Mad Mike

My bikes stay warm too, but they aren't afraid of heading out on a warm (5degrees) winter day. Brine and salt wash off, maybe tarnish a few poorly plated fittings/fasteners -- I don't think I've ever see bike rust out.

I have never worried about preserving my bikes for the next owner. They're just bikes, they are cheap compared to other motorized things, ride 'em like you stole them.

Mad Mike

I here you -- I just added little enduro I plan to use for Ice fishing this winter. The annual on a 125 is only $290, the pro-rated cost for now to Feb 28 was only $31.

Trials

I just ride the trials bikes until it hits about minus 20
at which point the tyres freeze and fly apart.

Top Bottom