New Rider - How do you get through the winter? | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Rider - How do you get through the winter?

Hello,

This is my first season riding and I have never had so much fun but winter is coming and I am dreading not riding. How do you get through the winter? Do you have any recommendations? Is there a place to ride indoors or something?

Thanks

I put on snow tires
1569525170477.png

I've put 5,000km on in Ontario in January before. When the weather is nice, get out there.

My bike sleeps in a secure, heated facility. I'd never subject it to brine or salt powder or risk it on cold asphalt.

While it hibernates I surf the web looking for new t1res (take that, ad bot), gear, accessories and **** on which to waste my money. But mostly I ***** and moan about how much winter sucks.

My bike sleeps in a secure, heated facility. I'd never subject it to brine or salt powder or risk it on cold asphalt.

While it hibernates I surf the web looking for new t1res (take that, ad bot), gear, accessories and **** on which to waste my money. But mostly I ***** and moan about how much winter sucks.
Get a winter bike :) insurance is basically free and there are some beautiful riding days.

My bikes stay warm too, but they aren't afraid of heading out on a warm (5degrees) winter day. Brine and salt wash off, maybe tarnish a few poorly plated fittings/fasteners -- I don't think I've ever see bike rust out.

I have never worried about preserving my bikes for the next owner. They're just bikes, they are cheap compared to other motorized things, ride 'em like you stole them.

I here you -- I just added little enduro I plan to use for Ice fishing this winter. The annual on a 125 is only $290, the pro-rated cost for now to Feb 28 was only $31.

I just ride the trials bikes until it hits about minus 20
at which point the tyres freeze and fly apart.

I just ride the trials bikes until it hits about minus 20
at which point the tyres freeze and fly apart.
How do you start a Spanish bike when it gets below 0?

Back
Top Bottom