New old stock motorcycles? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New old stock motorcycles?

Daddy always told me a poor craftsman blames his tools.

Yeah I was thinking about the electronics, but I've never had them so I won't miss them, lol. I don't think it has ABS either, which I would prefer but not a deal breaker. Still has adjustable suspension and power modes, and I like the look of the first gen better, not crazy about the angry samurai looking headlights on the second Gen.

I need to sit on it and see about the riding position, though. I've been comparing bikes on cycle-ergo.com and the fz 09 seems really upright. I've sat on an FZ8, mt10 and z900 and those fit me perfectly with their slight forward lean.

I have a 2015 and prefer it over the newer style with that tron looking headlight. As for electronics i'm old school it wouldn't be a deal breaker if it came with or without. Bike will need to be flashed, makes a big difference, you can throw money at the suspension but it will never be perfect. The dirt bike stance prevents it from handling like a supersport. Comfort wise the bike is the best one for me I've ever owned, had a gen 4 VFR for a few years and i was never comfortable on longer rides. Gerbil sized gas tank is the major flaw.

Curious, "Bike will need to be flashed" would the map not be ok if he leaves the exhaust etc stock, how bad is it?
it is a brand new motorcycle.

Curious, "Bike will need to be flashed" would the map not be ok if he leaves the exhaust etc stock, how bad is it?

Crazy engine braking, A mode is extremely snatchy. Flash smooths everything out.

it is a brand new motorcycle.
R-I-D-E O-N-E

Then have an informed opinion.

Just sayin'

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

ya right, there are so many around right
jus saying

European maps too aggressive? gotta have it tuned down or it's "twitchy" or does it stall at every intersection

ya right, there are so many around right
jus saying
Tons. Yamaha made alot of them.

A '17 was on my radar when I was new bike shopping a few years ago.

Just over $11 grand out the door, but I knew I wanted a quick shifter ($300 extra for the factory add-on).

Then add cartridge kits, and a new shock, steering damper... the list goes on.

So I bought a Tuono.

Jist like you bought your MV. No real need to start throwing parts at it. Works just fine out of the crate.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

So we are no longer looking at the Honda VFR800 and we are arguing over a Yamaha I would not buy :| got it.

Crazy engine braking, A mode is extremely snatchy. Flash smooths everything out.
yep, that sounds like european mode.

My son had a choice between the first year of the FZ09 and the last year of the FZ08.
He chose the 08 for the ergos and this review ...they really got it all together in that year.

of course $6990 brand new helped. They are still asking near that used. He put a lot of farkles on it and we took it cross country in 2015 without a hiccup.

This seems a reasonable price point.

OP - That VFR800 would be my choice ( I was almost into a 2009 but opted for a CBF1000 with full luggage ).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom