New Ninja 250r | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Ninja 250r

Vox

Hey guys! Picked up my new 250 this morning and have been riding all day! What a feeling!!! Thought that after not riding for 2 weeks I would have forgotten how, but as they say, its like riding a bike ;)

Anyways I have a question, just outside right now taking some pics for my insurance and need to take a pic of the VIN number. Any idea where this is located? I think I can see an etched number on the steering column but i cant get a clear shot of that.

On my 2010 there's a sticker on the left and on the right its engraved. I sent the pic of the sticker and they had no problem with it.

The 4 digit number near the key lock is your key code , the vin number is alot longer. Why do you need to take a picture of the VIN number? Can't you just read it off the ownership? I've never heard of an insurance company asking for a picture of a VIN number before.

Heyy and welcome :)

turn your front weel to the right and you should see a white sticker/engraved digits right below the handle bars. Mine is on the left side. Its slightly hiden so its not noticible right away.

Btw where abouts are you? TO or Sauga?

gratz vox! what colour did u get? the 250r is hella fun =p im loving mine too!

congrats ! Enjoy your ride.

My insurance company never asked me to take a picture. I just read it off my ownership.

I believe in the manual, it shows the places where it's located. Check it out.

Ya I figured the ownership would have been fine to but I double checked and she wants a photo of the VIN plate as well. The manual does show where the serials are located, thanks for the tip! Didn't have time to continue looking last night as I was out so I will have a look when I get home from work.

Thanks for the wishes! Hopefully i get to meet some GTA'ers one day soon.

@Absolute: I picked up the Black one... She is seXXXy! Hopefully I can put some pics up once I get my Rim tape put on.

Congrats! Yes, some insurers want you to take a photo off from the VIN number. It doesn't have to be a clear photo tho, as long as you can capture some numbers off from the VIN that matches the actual VIN on the ownership.

Out of curiosity how much are you paying for insurance, is this with an M1 or M2?

Found the VIN, just have to get the photo taken.

@SlayerofSouls - I am currently on M1 still and register my M2 next Tuesday and I am paying $780 with State Farm

Found the VIN, just have to get the photo taken.

@SlayerofSouls - I am currently on M1 still and register my M2 next Tuesday and I am paying $780 with State Farm

Yes, I am with State Farm too and they do require you to take a picture of the VIN. On the 250r it's in a very difficult place to take a picture of it though. Congrats and ride safe.

Back
Top Bottom