New member + RTI This weekend + 5 friends = mayhem! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New member + RTI This weekend + 5 friends = mayhem!

You're right that you pay based on the worst risk, but also based on displacement of the bike and, frequently, the type of bike (sport, cruiser, etc.). A smaller bike will result in lower premiums.
Yeah, we're looking at lower displacement bikes now. The 2 main reasons we went to look at the CB750: like the older bikes and it was selling for under $1000 in good running condition... BTW if anyone is interested I can pass on the seller's email for the CB750...

In the meantime, I'll keep looking for 250cc-500cc range motorcycles under or close to $1000 with low insurance premiums...

Said officer won't have to bother as you would be trapped by the section where they've now completely blocked the street, from side to side or you would have to take to the sidewalk, after which they'd simply send a door-knocker after you.

Or, as with a past member, he'd just walk up to you after you got off your bike.

... and, of course, I would have absolutely no problem with reporting a plate number.

Do you know when construction there will be done? Also, I'm still trying to understand traffic laws as they pertain to motorcycles, so it's good to know not to ride through there... I probably would have once or twice not thinking about the consequences.

In general where is it legal or illegal to park?? paid or free? How about on campus?

Yeah, we're looking at lower displacement bikes now. The 2 main reasons we went to look at the CB750: like the older bikes and it was selling for under $1000 in good running condition... BTW if anyone is interested I can pass on the seller's email for the CB750...

In the meantime, I'll keep looking for 250cc-500cc range motorcycles under or close to $1000 with low insurance premiums...

Do you know when construction there will be done? Also, I'm still trying to understand traffic laws as they pertain to motorcycles, so it's good to know not to ride through there... I probably would have once or twice not thinking about the consequences.

In general where is it legal or illegal to park?? paid or free? How about on campus?

That area was marked as a pedestrians only zone, prior to the start of current water main construction. The intent is to make it a pedestrian mall in the same way that Victoria, between Gould and Gerrard, was converted to pedestrians only.

The area I know best, is around Jorgenson and Kerr Halls. You can legally park along Gerrard in the pay and display spaces, on the north side, without paying under the Toronto bylaws (see sticky post at the top of this forum). The same applies to the city pay and display parking along Church, next to Kerr Hall East. Some people park on the sidewalk on the south side of Jorgenson Hall, but you're risking a ticket there.

We also have specific motorcycle parking, on campus. It's $95.00 per YEAR, for staff, faculty, and students. It's in an area with security cameras, where several motorcycle friendly security people like to take their breaks.

They have cameras outside the library/VIC building too. Park there, you can just ride on the sidewalk, or in between the trees, or both... and then you won't be giving Rye High more money for nothing.

Accessible through:

Gould - between the plant pots or hop the sidewalk
Gerrard - the alley running parallel to Yonge St. just west of the library building. Remember, ever since they made it a pedestrian area the meter maid doesn't come around to ticket motorcycles on the sidewalk anymore.
Quad - there's nothing more fun than riding through the Quad, park under Kerr Hall on rainy days so your seat will be dry

According to Rob police will chase you in cars that can part trees and get through crowded pedestrian areas faster than you can on a motorcycle. After 5 years at Rye-High I've never seen such vehicles so they must also have stealth camouflage capabilities too. Riders beware! :p

It's pretty cool that you were able to do it with friends.
I did the RTI course in 09 here in St Catharines.
I didn't know anyone else in the group but it was still an amazing weekend and the knowledge gained through that course alone made me a more aware driver in my truck as well. Definitely worth the money I paid for that course!

My gf will be doing the Niagara College one in a couple weeks. I'll be riding by to watch her from time to time haha. :lmao:

They have cameras outside the library/VIC building too. Park there, you can just ride on the sidewalk, or in between the trees, or both... and then you won't be giving Rye High more money for nothing.

Accessible through:

Gould - between the plant pots or hop the sidewalk
Gerrard - the alley running parallel to Yonge St. just west of the library building. Remember, ever since they made it a pedestrian area the meter maid doesn't come around to ticket motorcycles on the sidewalk anymore.
Quad - there's nothing more fun than riding through the Quad, park under Kerr Hall on rainy days so your seat will be dry

According to Rob police will chase you in cars that can part trees and get through crowded pedestrian areas faster than you can on a motorcycle. After 5 years at Rye-High I've never seen such vehicles so they must also have stealth camouflage capabilities too. Riders beware! :p

Do whatever you like. It's the nail that sticks up, that gets hammered down.

Cool, always good to have options I guess.

Rob, I couldn't figure out which sticky contained parking info...

Jeero, it was definately a great experience to do the RTI course. Taking the course with friends just made it that much MORE fun. I'd like to do the maintenance course they offer at some point if I have the time and money.

So recently, I got a chance to ride a Ninja 250 for about an hour non-stop. I got a good mix of riding country roads and city streets and found some cool twisties along the way. The first time I punched through the gears on a straight gave me shivers (the good kind) and i got a bit of tunnel vision (like when u hit the NOS in video games like need for speed and the edges of ur screen start blurring to give the effect of speed, I actual got that!)

I'd have to say that the ninja 250 is so much sweeter than the CBR125 I tried at RTI. The 250 has good power (for now) and feels pretty agile (+1 for pushsteering!). Something that caught me off guard was that I didn't realize I'd be shifting through the gears so quickly and at one point I tried shifting up and realized oops! It was alot of fun and it's a solid bike that I'd consider buying if someone has one for sale *hint* for a "friendly" price :)

Back
Top Bottom