New in the area | GTAMotorcycle.com

New in the area

Q800GS

Hello everyone!

We're about to complete a 14-month motorcycle tour on our 2009 BMW F800GS from Abu Dhabi, UAE (Middle East) via London, UK, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Ushuaia, Argentina all the way up through South and Central America to.... Toronto! 65,000km. Quite the trip!

2011-03-08 12h00m23s DMC-TS2 P1090255.JPG

Well, almost, we're in California right now, but we'll be driving the last stretch in about 10 days. We'll be settling down in GTA and I'll definitely be driving!

My 'other' bike (1999 Aprilia Falco SL1000) is still in The Netherlands (that's where I'm from), but will most likely be looking to ship it here as well. Can't wait to drive it again!

Falco1.JPG

Anyways, nice to be on the forum. Already pulled info on the rules of parking a motorcycle in this city, glad I know (altho they'll have a hard time fining my license plate...)

Check our blog: http://doschinos.net/

Hope to meet n ride with some of you later!
Q

Last edited:
Congratulations on the trip of a lifetime! Great looking bikes, and welcome to Toronto...

What do you know... I thought it was so quiet, since the forum didn't send me any emails on replies being sent. But I guess that's not the default setting.
Thanks all for the well-wishes! It's been quite busy the past few weeks, we arrived in TO a month ago, all went well, well, apart from our fuel pump not liking the altitude and ethanol-based fuels in California/Nevada/Utah/Colorado, but we got that replaced and fixed by BMW under warranty.

Quite the difference in driving, over here. And parking for motorcycles is also quite different to what I was used to in many other parts of the world. Not to mention lane-splitting :)

Congratulations on the trip of a lifetime! Great looking bikes, and welcome to Toronto...

Wow, what an adventure. Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom