New HOV design | GTAMotorcycle.com

New HOV design

Evoex

The God
Site Supporter
lol...what a waste. Idiot drivers don't pay attention to the solid lines much of the time anyways. I don't have any problems merging with the existing lane markings.

The entire HOV lane is what the left lane should be. Seen it used as a passing lane that cars dart in and out of to pass left lane cars in their way.

The new ones on the 400 are sweet and I hope they build them on the 401 across the city. Don’t think that’s being planned though :( they should be physically separated except for a few spots.

ones i have seen in TX are cool, where the HOV are completely separated from the general highway traffic.
Collectors, express and the "express" express

Really? MTO though woodbridge was the right place to roll out extra lines on the pavement? 40% of the pricks there routinely run stop signs at >30 km/h. That wide striped part will look like a passing lane for those in the left land and HOV lane. More lanes, more better. Screw merging, me first.

just get rid of all the HOV lanes and make lane filter legal!
I dont understand. Filtering is at lights. You want legal lane splitting? How does that help with traffic? Bikes probably make up less than 1% of traffic in the summer and 0% in the winter. Nothing they allow for bikes changes the average travel speed of the group.

From what I understand. Bikes can filter not only at the stops but when the traffic is at a crawl ( going up the 400 around 5pm on a Friday during a long weekend). Lane splitting is the next step. Yes, bikes have little or no affect on traffic flow but if you on the bike its makes a difference.
In my opinion, getting rid of the HOV would increase traffic flow for majority of the driver

From what I understand. Bikes can filter not only at the stops but when the traffic is at a crawl ( going up the 400 around 5pm on a Friday during a long weekend). Lane splitting is the next step. Yes, bikes have little or no affect on traffic flow but if you on the bike its makes a difference.
In my opinion, getting rid of the HOV would increase traffic flow for majority of the driver
Haha. You understand wrong. Filtering as you interpret it sets you up for a whole host of tickets including 172. You are a vehicle, you take a lane and need a lane to get past another vehicle. Even if you follow that and don't go between cars, too many lane changes or passing too many cars makes you eligible for 172. Bleeping terrible law.

Last edited:
Only one vehicle can occupy the lane at one time.

You know in the city when there is parked cars taking up some of the right lane? It's actually illegal to ride in that lane passing on the left of the cars, never mind probably being a bad idea to begin with. If a cop cared enough you could catch a ticket.

Yes lane filtering and lane splitting is illegal in Ontario. I was stating the differences between the two.

Only one vehicle can occupy the lane at one time.

You know in the city when there is parked cars taking up some of the right lane? It's actually illegal to ride in that lane passing on the left of the cars, never mind probably being a bad idea to begin with. If a cop cared enough you could catch a ticket.
I don't know though, sometimes lanes are wide enough to accomodate a parked car as long as a car to drive by. Esp on residential streets, it's not illegal to drive/ride in that lane, the same logic should apply. I think the difference was that if the vehicle is immobilized (off, parked and not running) it's legal but you can't have to moving vehicles within the same lane. So say for a red light (lane filtering) it wouldn't apply as the vehicle is running and can move at anytime making it illegal. We had a thread about it on the forum years ago and i think the parked cars thing was looked at. But it's been a while and would involve too much searching.

Back
Top Bottom