New Highway 413 Yea or Nay? | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Highway 413 Yea or Nay?

Should they build highway 413?

• Yes, any new highway in GTA is a good highway

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • No, it won't help traffic and its bad for the environment.

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
The QEW sort of has a toll lane. If you sign up for the lottery and win, you can pay $60/month to take the HOV lane with single occupancy. That makes a difference for the 1350 people that can do that. For the remaining 100,000 vehicles a day that use that stretch, they don't have a better somewhat affordable option.
I’m one of those that paid, and it doesn’t save me much since I’m only 2 exits in…but the one or two times when the 403 is stopped, wow does it make a difference.

I’ve got 9 days to decide if I’m going to extend it.

Mind you I’ve never actually seen anyone with a sticker, or any enforcement…so maybe I’m a sucker for paying for it.

Also I keep the sticker in the glovebox since I refuse to put stickers on my car / windows.

The decision to build 413 means the clock is ticking for me to move very far from the GTA. When I moved here (2003) the end of my street was the edge of the built-up area. Now, it's 2 or 3 km to the edge ... acceptable. This is going to extend that much further, and be a construction zone for a few years. When that construction starts, it's time.

The decision to build 413 means the clock is ticking for me to move very far from the GTA. When I moved here (2003) the end of my street was the edge of the built-up area. Now, it's 2 or 3 km to the edge ... acceptable. This is going to extend that much further, and be a construction zone for a few years. When that construction starts, it's time.
When I bought my house in Georgetown 21 yrs ago, That was one of the selling features from the salesman, New HWY going in following the credit river and Winston churchill.

With or without 413 that whole area was going. With 413 the residents/construction vehicles have easier ingress/egress.

The indecision about the 413 has held off a certain amount of construction. Now, that will be going ahead.

With or without 413 that whole area was going. With 413 the residents/construction vehicles have easier ingress/egress.
Looks like Dougy punched out Guilbeault on this one.

Never mind my opinion on the highway, but you gotta score one for Dougys effort to preserve democracy by brushing back an overreaching federal autocrat.

Back
Top Bottom