New bmw roadster naked bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New bmw roadster naked bike

My concern is the wheelbase, it looks huge, almost the same size as their cruiser from which the engine is sourced
The under pinnings of the R20 and R18 are almost the same, the WB is prolly identical.
From the look-see, BeeEm have "bobberized" the R18, added 100cc per cylinder and dressed it with an R9T styled tank.
With those massive jugs on each side, the bike is unique and the thing is that except for hairpin bends, the bike will work well.
Just my 2 cents.

Just saw the top view. The cylinder heads are, uh... prominent.

bmw-reveals-r20-concept-roadster-with-2-000cc-engine.jpg

On the plus side, you can save a few pounds by making the kickstand optional equipment.

It's definitely distinctive. Still can't decide if I like it. I think BMW should go all-in on the ridiculousness and convince MotoAmerica to allow this into the King of the Baggers race class.
Ever sit on a CBX?

Ever sit on a CBX?
Nope, are they really that wide? I've never seen one in person.

This source claims the CBX 1000 engine is 23.4 inches wide. Based on the overall width at the mirrors and some image math, I think the existing BMW R18 engine is about 6 inches wider (approx 29.5 inches)

Nope, are they really that wide? I've never seen one in person.

This source claims the CBX 1000 engine is 23.4 inches wide. Based on the overall width at the mirrors and some image math, I think the existing BMW R18 engine is about 6 inches wider (approx 29.5 inches)
Not as wide but more in your field of view.
Astride a CBX the first thing that you notice is how wide the fuel tank is then you notice a extra cylinder poking out on each side...

FWIW way back in the day some racers on R90s's would have sliders welded up on the bottom side of the valve covers to keep from grinding into the oil.

Last edited:
Do we think they'll be many who jump on the bike and head cross country to Vancouver or California?

Great "ride to the coffee shop" bike, and not good for much else.

Do we think they'll be many who jump on the bike and head cross country to Vancouver or California?

Great "ride to the coffee shop" bike, and not good for much else.
In think that's what many "ballers" do nowadays. Lots of low mile, high end bike out there.

Not as wide but more in your field of view.
Astride a CBX the first thing that you notice is how wide the fuel tank is then you notice a extra cylinder poking out on each side...

FWIW way back in the day some racers on R90s's would have sliders welded up on the bottom side of the valve covers to keep from grinding into the oil.
Certainly a lot of the engine weight is going to be down low in comparison to the CBX.

I think owning a Vstrom tells the world you don’t need to impress anyone but yourself.

Kinda like owning a Chev or Toyota, they don’t supplement your junk.
What does owning a klr tell the world?

Yeah not sure I could get past the 2 prominent jugs ... and I like big jugs.

What does owning a klr tell the world?
That you don’t need to impress anyone, including yourself. :D

Friendly kidding aside, there is great charm and freedom in owning and using totally functional, unpretentious things.

I dont think anyone buys a motorcycle to impress anyone else.

The only person riding the motorcycle is you.

More pics

Attachments

• P90550606_highRes.jpg
    P90550606_highRes.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 9
  • P90550607_highRes.jpg
    P90550607_highRes.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 8
  • P90550609_highRes.jpg
    P90550609_highRes.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 7
  • P90550611_highRes.jpg
    P90550611_highRes.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 6
  • P90550612_highRes.jpg
    P90550612_highRes.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 7
  • P90550613_highRes.jpg
    P90550613_highRes.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 7
  • P90550614_highRes.jpg
    P90550614_highRes.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 7
  • P90550615_highRes.jpg
    P90550615_highRes.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 12
  • P90550616_highRes.jpg
    P90550616_highRes.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 8
  • P90550617_highRes.jpg
    P90550617_highRes.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 9
P90550615_highRes.jpg

There's a designer at BMW crying into their weissbier right now over the monstrosity of a fender/plateholder that they're going to have to slap onto that thing to homologate it.

Back
Top Bottom