New Biker - west Toronto! Here is my story.... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Biker - west Toronto! Here is my story....

hahaha, talking about accessorizing though, I would like to get a saddle bag or a tail bag, the underseat storage space is way toooooooo small.... Maybe I could squeeze a cell phone in..... Not a backpack fan on bikes (motorcycle or bicycle).
Carry loads low on the bike, you don't need a top heavy bike, or one with a big sail on the tail. ;)

You're not allowed to carry a passenger yet but your bike was designed capable of carrying additional weight where the passenger would be.
I wear a fanny pack and put everything in that, any weight in it ends up resting on the pillion seat and the weight shifts with me instead of adding weight to the bike. Your bike is plenty heavy now.

Carry loads low on the bike, you don't need a top heavy bike, or one with a big sail on the tail. ;)

You're not allowed to carry a passenger yet but your bike was designed capable of carrying additional weight where the passenger would be.
I wear a fanny pack and put everything in that, any weight in it ends up resting on the pillion seat and the weight shifts with me instead of adding weight to the bike. Your bike is plenty heavy now.
They have an M2, by law they are absolutely allowed to carry a passenger.
Although not advisable so soon...

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Reactions: J_F
They have an M2, by law they are absolutely allowed to carry a passenger.
Although not advisable so soon...

Has nothing to do with allowed to. Don't be taking passengers until you are a competent rider.
Even worse an inexperienced rider, even worse an inexperienced rider that weighs more then you.

Has nothing to do with allowed to. Don't be taking passengers until you are a competent rider.
Even worse an inexperienced rider, even worse an inexperienced rider that weighs more then you.
I agree with you here, since you literally said "you're not allowed..." then, but they are... Again, heavily ill advised, but for all intents and purposes they can. Just shouldn't.

With M2 I think I am allowed to carry a passenger?? :unsure: yeah... it will take me another year or two to add a passenger .. Need to build my riding skills first... I don't want to carry anything but a bottle of water and cellphone are necessity. Fanny packs might be too small for that.....

MT-03 is 373 lbs wet. All bikes are heavy for me ? I am always amazed on internet girls who are smaller than me begin with bikes heavier than mine and some with 500 +CC displacement... I want to be comfortable and learn without too much pain so I go for lower CC and lightweight (relatively):rolleyes:

Good plan. Personally I suggest initial investment should be on tools, stands etc that will help maintain your new toy. For me the more you learn the more you will enjoy.

Congrats and nice bike. Ride safe.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Thank you! My new toy:love:.... my used piano only cost $1000, love it, but MT-03 is by far most expensive toy I got in past decades...

It is MY toy so I need to care for it too . A bit nervous as I am not mechanically inclined. . but will do my best to learn. Will pop in and ask questions in the forum

Thank you! My new toy:love:.... my used piano only cost $1000, love it, but MT-03 is by far most expensive toy I got in past decades...

It is MY toy so I need to care for it too . A bit nervous as I am not mechanically inclined. . but will do my best to learn. Will pop in and ask questions in the forum
Learn to change your own oil. Basic tools, a garage or parking spot and about an hour till you get good at it.

Start to build up your confidence and save some money.

You did it right, you bought a brand new bike so you know that nobody has previously messed with it, modified it or abused it
and you know how well everything should function before it gets all worn out (y)

Great intro post, welcome to riding!

I too am a big Kawasaki fan, but ended up with a Yamaha this year and am very happy with it.

They make nice bikes and I've heard many good things about the MT03. Enjoy it!

You did it right, you bought a brand new bike so you know that nobody has previously messed with it, modified it or abused it
and you know how well everything should function before it gets all worn out (y)
Yup! Every scratch will be from me..... ;) and me to blame.... ? Will give it lots of my love !!!

Great intro post, welcome to riding!

I too am a big Kawasaki fan, but ended up with a Yamaha this year and am very happy with it.

They make nice bikes and I've heard many good things about the MT03. Enjoy it!
Yes... My piano technician heard I am going to get a bike; she was teasing me if it would be a Yamaha (I didn't buy a Yamaha Piano, bought a Petrof instead) .... turned out she predicted correctly.... Yamaha makes EVERYTHING lol

Will do! Now the owner manual is my night read..... last night I read it and forgot time completely... then I dreamed about riding ... ?
Save your old tooth brushes, they are handy for cleaning in hard to get to spots.
Obtain a OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Service Manual if you possibly can.
imho every bike should come with one or one should be online free. ... they contain far more information then the owner manual.

Save your old tooth brushes, they are handy for cleaning in hard to get to spots.
Obtain a OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Service Manual if you possibly can.
imho every bike should come with one or one should be online free. ... they contain far more information then the owner manual.
Totally!!! I was wondering the same thing about service manual. I will check with the dealer, if they don't have it I will call Yamaha Canada.

@SoulfulStrut check online for a service manual...I found a free one for my FZ07...I'm sure you can find one for the MT03...it's been around since 2016, so it should be easy enough...nice choice for a beginner bike...you'll love it...

@SoulfulStrut check online for a service manual...I found a free one for my FZ07...I'm sure you can find one for the MT03...it's been around since 2016, so it should be easy enough...nice choice for a beginner bike...you'll love it...
Most of the MT-03 service manuals online are from 2006 (for European Model).... up to 2012.. Not sure how different the models from various years for different markets. :unsure:

Totally!!! I was wondering the same thing about service manual. I will check with the dealer, if they don't have it I will call Yamaha Canada.

looks like a naked R3, specs are virtually identical
perhaps if you register at this site
would expect someone has posted a service manual PDF

looks like a naked R3, specs are virtually identical
perhaps if you register at this site
would expect someone has posted a service manual PDF

Yes it is an R3 with no fairings.... and R3 has a clip on handlebar. Will try! Thanks! (y)

Look up ebay for a reputable seller ..for e.g:

A few months ago my 80 year old neighbour wanted a service manual for his snow blower.
I did something similar, paid a guy (via ebay) in the US $30 and he sent me a download link within 2 hours.
Clicked on it and boom - I get my service manual in pdf - printed it out, put it in a binder and handed it over.

Just make sure you reference the correct manufacturer part number when searching.

Back
Top Bottom