New Bike to me | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Bike to me

mathan

Hello all,

Even though I have been a member for the past 3 years I have not been so active. I did complete the M1 exit course at sherdian in 2011, but then decided that I was not financially ready to get a bike yet. So after three long years I have purchased a 2004 Ninja 250 as my first bike. I have not intro myself yet, so thought I may as well now that I will be out there this season. My name is Mathan and im from Brampton/Mississauga area. This is my first bike. I chose to buy this bike because of me being 24 living in Brampton (high insurance rates) and figured that I should start with a 250 and take baby steps in to this lifestyle of motorcycling. I am a 6' and a bigger body build. I will be definitely upgrading to something bigger once I feel i am ready. Looking forward to meeting everyone this summer. Cant wait for winter to be done!

2hx6h5s.jpg

Welcome and congrats.
Make sure to give her a good bath so she no longer carries the smell of Hamilton...

Nice bike and welcome to the forums! Get all your maintenance done now so she's ready to go come springtime!

Nice bike and welcome to the forums! Get all your maintenance done now so she's ready to go come springtime!

Thank you. Yes I am going to do all the maintenance asap. I have been meaning to do it in the past few days but my work schedule would not allow it. Hopefully by this weekend !

So as you guys know by now, this is my first bike and i am totally clueless about anything on the bike lol. Can someone please tell me what that is? (circled in red) I was taking out my battery today and noticed that there. Is that the location where i would lock my helmet?

So as you guys know by now, this is my first bike and i am totally clueless about anything on the bike lol. Can someone please tell me what that is? (circled in red) I was taking out my battery today and noticed that there. Is that the location where i would lock my helmet?

That is correct!

It's quite useless, well mine was, as it fell off. :D You could take it off with a nut on the back too, it made no sense! Maybe yours is a better design though.

That is correct!

It's quite useless, well mine was, as it fell off. :D You could take it off with a nut on the back too, it made no sense! Maybe yours is a better design though.

Thanks for confirming. haha ya I need to play around with it. All this time I was thinking I needed to buy a helmet lock! lol, because when going to places like the gym, I needed a place to put my helmet.

Unfortunately it's a false sense of security, yes it will stop the average guy walking away with your helmet, but the low life's like to come by and they will cut the strap on the helmet and make away with it anyways, even if it's just to toss it in the garbage.....

If I can't see my stuff, it comes with me....

Unfortunately it's a false sense of security, yes it will stop the average guy walking away with your helmet, but the low life's like to come by and they will cut the strap on the helmet and make away with it anyways, even if it's just to toss it in the garbage.....

If I can't see my stuff, it comes with me....

Ye your right. Maybe riding to the gym won't be a good idea afterall

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Its a huge pain given that most lockers cant fit a helmet.

However, whenever I go I ask the people at the front desk to hold it for me and they are usually more than happy to do so. I am still a little bit nervous as they sometimes place it in high traffic areas where it can get hit and drop to the ground. But that's mainly my OCD kicking in, not to mention most helmets are still probably ok after being dropped.... Unless you throw it off a building or your car at highway speeds :s.

You'll have a lot less time for the gym now.... you'll be on your way there on your bike and take the scenic route and before you know it, it'll be time for bed or work! :D

congrats and hopefully see you around btown. how bad is your insurance per month?

Thanks Booter. ya hope to see you around as well. If I insure as of today it is $220/month with one speeding ticket. If I wait until April for my birthday (turning 25) it is 82$/month. So I am def holding off until my birthday.

Back
Top Bottom