New 1390 superduke... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New 1390 superduke...

Remind me again. You had the last generation superduke before swapping for the honda AT?
Yes, but it was the same as this (gen 3)

Picked it up today, I’m surprised by how agile and sharp it feels compared to the smcr(even though it was much lighter)…and even the tuono.

It’s MUCH more comfortable than the smcr… comfy seat, no numb hands after riding for 10 mins, cruise control, plush suspension …very refined compared to the 690

Compared to a jap inline 4 or triumph it will feel a bit agricultural, but compared to the 690 it feels very refined..

I Definitely prefer the smooth low frequency rhythm of twins over high frequency vibes…(inline 4s or single cylinders that like to be revved)

Imo this thing strikes the perfect balance for a supernaked…character and refinement…fun and powerful but not so racetrack oriented that you can’t enjoy it on the street

The engine is the same as I remember, it can be chill, has grunt for days, but give it a little poke and watch out.

Also surprised by how good the fueling is…I was half expecting it to power wheelie leaving the dealer

Last edited:
Picked it up today, I’m surprised by how agile and sharp it feels compared to the smcr(even though it was much lighter)…and even the tuono.

It’s MUCH more comfortable than the smcr… comfy seat, no numb hands after riding for 10 mins, cruise control, plush suspension …very refined compared to the 690

Compared to a jap inline 4 or triumph it will feel a bit agricultural, but compared to the 690 it feels very refined..

I Definitely prefer smooth the low frequency rhythm of twins over high frequency vibes…(inline 4s or single cylinders that like to be revved)

Imo this thing strikes the perfect balance for a supernaked…character and refinement…fun and powerful but not so racetrack oriented that you can’t enjoy it on the street

The engine is the same as I remember, it can be chill, has grunt for days, but give it a little poke and watch out.

Also surprised by how good the fueling is…I was half expecting it to power wheelie leaving the dealer
Congrats. You need to update your signature. You are a few generations behind there.

Also +1 for getting everything in writing via email, I’ve had more than one occasion of a dealer changing his mind in person after coming to an understanding earlier or over the phone… suddenly they add a grand to the agreed upon price when it’s pickup time…

I whip out the phone with everything in writing and suddenly they’re apologizing for ‘miscommunication’ 🤷‍♂️

Also +1 for getting everything in writing via email, I’ve had more than one occasion of a dealer changing his mind in person after coming to an understanding earlier or over the phone… suddenly they add a grand to the agreed upon price when it’s pickup time…

I whip out the phone with everything in writing and suddenly they’re apologizing for ‘miscommunication’ 🤷‍♂️

I 100% agree with this, exact thing happened when car dealership gave me 3 years of free oil changes then had no record of it on file.
Luckily I did...

I Definitely prefer the smooth low frequency rhythm of twins over high frequency vibes…(inline 4s or single cylinders that like to be revved)

Congratulations. Wait until you give that throttle a BIG poke. It's superbike fast but in a way that has to be felt. It doesn't so much accelerate as lunge for the horizon. Too much fun.

Congratulations. Wait until you give that throttle a BIG poke. It's superbike fast but in a way that has to be felt. It doesn't so much accelerate as lunge for the horizon. Too much fun.
Oh this is his second one. lol

nah traded in the SMCR

Now me and @Evoex have the same garage, again.
7vhvsb.jpg

You guys should get a room :p

Congrats on the new bike! Hoping to see it sometime in flesh.

Yeah congrats, looks like a sweet bike! Hope it's a keeper for you. (y)

I'm lost on what you got BP? A SuperDuke 1290? What year & model?

And what's an SMCR?

Good luck getting that bike insured. I had an impossible time getting a 1100cc insured for less than $1500 a year.

Good luck getting that bike insured. I had an impossible time getting a 1100cc insured for less than $1500 a year.
I would assume he knew what insurance would be before purchasing the bike.

And what's an SMCR?
Smcr is their street legal supermoto, it’s similar to their 690 dual sport model, but with road biased suspension, brakes, tyres…

Wasn’t the bike I was hoping it would be…

I was starting to miss my old 1290…

Purely coincidentally I walk into the Ktm dealer around this time…and see a really good price on a barely used 2020 superduke and voila.

I was starting to miss my old 1290…

Purely coincidentally I walk into the Ktm dealer around this time…and see a really good price on a barely used 2020 superduke and voila.
Is it your old bike or a similar but different one?

Is it your old bike or a similar but different one?
same gen same year, different color

And what's an SMCR?
Initially the plan was to decide between an mt10 and SDR...but by all accounts the ktms suit me better...
was gonna get a new one, but as luck would have it, found a barely used one in angus...so didnt have to pay extra for MSRP, higher taxes, tech pack unlock...or wait 6 weeks for break in service... 🤷‍♂️

@Evoex 🤔
They follow each other

Attachments

• IMG_2369-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_2369-compressed.jpeg
    1,017.3 KB · Views: 35

Back
Top Bottom