Need tire and battery advice | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need tire and battery advice

NOcageRus

Hi,

So I was hoping for the best this winter and thought I could get away from not putting my trickle charger on my battery. Clearly that was not a good idea lol. So any thoughts on which battery to get, or just go to suzuki and grab one there.

Also its time to change the rear tire. Any advice on a good all around tire and where to get it? I ride a gsxr

Thanks.

Last edited:
go to rosey toes, one stop shop. ted has got your tire and battery all ready, call him at 416-421-2523, and don't pay dealership prices again.

Last edited:
You can get a new Pilot Power rear tire for $125 CAD taxes in if you're willing to drive across the border. The battery is $50

Where's a good place in the USA to get tires? My buddy and I are willing to hop on over to save on costs, and we both need tires.

You can get a SET of front and rear Michelin Pilot Powers for $214.95 USD taxes in, free shipping from SportBikeTrackGear.com

You will need your US Address to get the free shipping and pay no tax. Set this up with USAddressinc.com, and you only pay $5 per shipment on top of that for the real US Address.

True Gel all the way. Best battery for street every day use if you want dependable consistant starting.

True Gel all the way. Best battery for street every day use if you want dependable consistant starting.
Yessir! I replied here to pitch a Gel battery to you... they're amazing.
Even the inexpensive GS (chinese) Gel batteries available to every shop - they're in the books, both Parts Canada and Motovan.
Tires? Match the front.
Consider replacing the front (it's probably more toasted than you think).
Avoid "racetrack" tires - they don't work well in the cold and wet.
Metzeler Sportec M-5 Interact is a great choice. Or even Z8...
Then you can laugh at your buddies' poor tire mileage, heheh...

So after watching and reading lots of reviews I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the michelin pilot power 2 CT. Thoughts anyone?:confused:

Also went to the stealership to get tire prices and then checked online to see if I could get it cheaper. I'm saving a $137.00 if I purchase them online with http://www.discountmotorcycletires.ca/. Anybody ever deal with them?

I want to save the money, who wouldn't, but I don't want to end up getting any headaches from ordering them online.

So after watching and reading lots of reviews I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the michelin pilot power 2 CT. Thoughts anyone?:confused:

I've got the Power 2CT and it's a great tire. But if you want to save a few extra bucks go with the regular Power. For street use it's basically the same thing. The softer shoulder compound on the 2CT is way out on the far edges of the tire where you're unlikely to ride on the street. The rest is the same compound on both tires I believe. But if you do like to get low occasionaly or plan to use the tires on track at all the 2CT is a good choice.

Last edited:
check out pete's super bike, insanely fast shipping, good tire pricing. As for what tires, it really depends on the kind of riding you do, if its just straight rides most of the time, 2CT's will do you just fine, if your getting any kind of decent lean angle on them, consider Q2's, Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa's, or the like.

Hey I just checked out petes for the 2 CT's and he beats everyones prices that I looked at so far.

Thanks
check out pete's super bike, insanely fast shipping, good tire pricing. As for what tires, it really depends on the kind of riding you do, if its just straight rides most of the time, 2CT's will do you just fine, if your getting any kind of decent lean angle on them, consider Q2's, Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa's, or the like.

Back
Top Bottom