Need help with Riding gear rental for M2 License | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need help with Riding gear rental for M2 License

thiru

Hi All,

I have my M2 license session scheduled for next month. I am looking to rent riding gear for the session. Any leads/suggestions for riding gear rental shops in and around downtown Toronto would be helpful. Already I have searched the forum for any existing threads on the same topic but I couldn't find any.

Please help me with the thread link if there is any.

Hi All,

I have my M2 license session scheduled for next month. I am looking to rent riding gear for the session. Any leads/suggestions for riding gear rental shops in and around downtown Toronto would be helpful. Already I have searched the forum for any existing threads on the same topic but I couldn't find any.

Please help me with the thread link if there is any.
What size are you? I just got new gear perhaps my old stuff would see you through for a while. I'm 5'6" and 145lb.

Are you taking a class or just going to the ministry?
Either way I would look for some inexpensive gear to wear as you probably want it to ride in after the test.

While some may disagree with what is outlined, you can at least take away some brands to look for. Also everything is easy to order or find at your local store and prices are in CAD..

If you're doing it through an institute (RTI, Mtohp, or similar), they probably have it listed on what's acceptable. At the time I was taking the test, all they needed was a denim jacket, denim pants, hard toe boots that covered ankle, a riding glove, and a helmet. I had everything else except the hard toe boots, which I bought from Walmart.

Last edited:
No one I know of rents gear.
If you're looking for inexpensive, try these folks - Re-Gear Oshawa | Re-Gear | Pre-Owned Powersports Apparel.
I think I have seen a couple places in Toronto where you can rent gear.
Here is a link to some of the current stuff at ReGear Oshawa. It's the "Featured Items" link on their website.

Last edited:
Looks like you've been presented with some options, but I have to ask.....what are you planning to wear after you get your licence if you're renting gear for the course?

I'm hardly an ATGATT guy, I'll be the first to admit, but the required gear is pretty basic stuff - you don't need branded special motorcycle stuff, just some tough gear that will stand up to any incidents at the course. Are you planning to ride with sneakers and just a helmet afterwards?

If you wear XL size gloves. I've a pair that I only used for the M2 course, and you can have them for free. If interested send me a dm, you can pick them up near Broadview subway station
Thanks for Asking. For me M size fits better.

Thank you so much everyone for your suggestions. I have got handful of places where I can rent gears.

Reactions: TK4
Looks like you've been presented with some options, but I have to ask.....what are you planning to wear after you get your licence if you're renting gear for the course?

I'm hardly an ATGATT guy, I'll be the first to admit, but the required gear is pretty basic stuff - you don't need branded special motorcycle stuff, just some tough gear that will stand up to any incidents at the course. Are you planning to ride with sneakers and just a helmet afterwards?
I thought there wouldn't be any judgement for merely asking for an info. That's fine, I should have mentioned few things clearly in my post.
Back in India I was into motorcycle touring for almost a decade and I am well aware of protection gears. I too was saved few times cause of my gears.
I recently moved to Canada and planning to get license first. I have few machines in my mind, so once I zeroed in on my motorcycle I will get my riding gears.

Cheers

Cycleworld has some fairly inexpensive stuff

When you say session, is this the M1 exit course? Or with the ministry?

I thought there wouldn't be any judgement for merely asking for an info. That's fine, I should have mentioned few things clearly in my post.

Fair enough, and my apologies, I think that some of us in the Motorcycle community are just a little jaded sometimes by the percentage of new riders that we see show up and end up going full squid because they think gear is unnecessary.

Like I said, I'll fully admit I am a bit hypocritical there as the hotter the weather gets the less gear I tend to wear, however it's a calculated risk, and I do have a lot of years of experience at least weighing in the matter. I just cringe a little bit when I see brand new riders with no experience doing the same as they're at a much higher risk of accident due to that inexperience.

Safe riding

You can borrow from me for the test, I got spare jackets (m,xl) , gloves, boots, helmets.
Whatever you need , DM me.

I am in Oakville.

I would be careful lending your gear to people you don't know personally. I know of someone who lent gloves to a student so they were not sent home, said student had an accident and broke their hand. They subsequently sued this person for loss of income because the glove was the incorrect size for their hand and claim that fact contributed to the injury. 3 years and litigation is still going.

I don't doubt everyone has good intentions, but when you're not making income for potentially months, everyone becomes a target.

Cycleworld has some fairly inexpensive stuff

When you say session, is this the M1 exit course? Or with the ministry?
It is for M1 exit course

Fair enough, and my apologies, I think that some of us in the Motorcycle community are just a little jaded sometimes by the percentage of new riders that we see show up and end up going full squid because they think gear is unnecessary.

Like I said, I'll fully admit I am a bit hypocritical there as the hotter the weather gets the less gear I tend to wear, however it's a calculated risk, and I do have a lot of years of experience at least weighing in the matter. I just cringe a little bit when I see brand new riders with no experience doing the same as they're at a much higher risk of accident due to that inexperience.

Safe riding
Thanks for understanding :)

Back
Top Bottom