Need help sourcing local-ish Delkevic parts | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need help sourcing local-ish Delkevic parts

Didn't want to start a new thread but have another question about the Delkevic mufflers.

I want to repack them with ceramic fill...I'm trying to get the volume down to semi reasonable levels and I've read that ceramic is more durable than fiberglass and gives a deeper tone. Having said that, I need to drill out rivets and replace them.

My question for anyone who has done this is do I need specific rivets in regards to size, material, etc. for muffler use or can I just use regular rivets as found in the rivet kit I already have?

Not trying to be cheap but ordering rivets from Delkevic will cost me 20 USD plus shipping...seems steep for 10 rivets...

fwiw When my last bike came with 2 different ends for the exhaust, the pop rivets they included with it were just plain old ordinary pop rivets.

add: is a wise idea to apply some high temp resistant sealant on the mating surfaces so that exhaust pressure doesn't leak out the seams.

fwiw When my last bike came with 2 different ends for the exhaust, the pop rivets they included with it were just plain old ordinary pop rivets.

add: is a wise idea to apply some high temp resistant sealant on the mating surfaces so that exhaust pressure doesn't leak out the seams.
Perfect, appreciate the reply. I just wanted to be sure before I use my own rivets that they wouldn't melt or fall apart from the heat and shoot my muffler inards through someone's windshield.

Agreed on the sealant, Delkevic recommends high temp silicone, I was planning on using Versachem exhaust joint sealant, I've had success with it in the past for assembling exhaust systems.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom