Need help sourcing local-ish Delkevic parts | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need help sourcing local-ish Delkevic parts

Michael0124

Site Supporter
I'm looking to buy a pair of baffles for the exhaust on my VFR800, didn't come with them when I bought the bike. Ordering directly from Delkevic they're 20 USD each. After shipping, duties, and exchange it comes up to about 150 CDN...it's insane. Not really willing to pay 3 times the cost for shipping. Searched eBay and amazon only ones available there are direct from Delkevic as well, same crazy shipping costs.

Anyone have a Canadian source for Delkevic they could share?

Maybe you can get it from someone that isn't using theirs. I think delkevic cans are pretty much the same between bike models.

I'm using (delkevic 13 inch oval I think) mine though and is a single can. For vfr you might have to find 2 people.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Correct, the cans aren't model specific. I have two 8" round ones. Hopefully someone who has them sees this and is willing to part with them.
Maybe you can get it from someone that isn't using theirs. I think delkevic cans are pretty much the same between bike models.

I'm using (delkevic 13 inch oval I think) mine though and is a single can. For vfr you might have to find 2 people.

Delkevic doesn't have a Canadian outlet.
Ask about them shipping USPS, most of the time a small package will slip under Canada Customs radar.
Other than that, maybe talk to Hindle.

Thanks, I'll reach out on Monday...I'm assuming you mean to ask them if something they produce will fit?
Delkevic doesn't have a Canadian outlet.
Ask about them shipping USPS, most of the time a small package will slip under Canada Customs radar.
Other than that, maybe talk to Hindle.

Delkevic Replacement Baffle for Mini 8" Round and DS70 & SS70 9" Oval Mufflers Delkevic Replacement Baffle for Mini 8" Round and DS70 & SS70 9" Oval Mufflers, Exhaust - Amazon Canada

This maybe? Idk if 3rd party sellers can combine shipping for 2.

That seller is Delkevic US, that's the same listing I found earlier. I passed on it because I was concerned about duties. Blows my mind that they want to charge me more for that than the cost of the product itself and the shipping for two small little tubes.
Or try universals if measurements are right.

2 x 35mm Black Stainless Steel Motorcycle Exhaust Can Muffler Insert Baffle DB Killer Silencer Adjustable 2 x 35mm Black Stainless Steel Motorcycle Exhaust Can Muffler Insert Baffle DB Killer Silencer Adjustable, Pipes - Amazon Canada

Never considered universal, I'm going to take measurements and see if it will work, especially for that price. Thanks for suggestions!

I love the sound as is, it's deep and burbles and pops beautifully but cold starts in the morning annoy everyone and it gets tiresome for me on longer rides. I Just want to tone it down a bit.

When I bought my slip on from them 3 yrs ago I didn't get charged duty. I don't think duty gets charged from amazon.ca purchases, maybe if from Amazon.com

So, you ordered from Delkevic through amazon and no duties?

On their site they "suggest" that you prepay the duties instead of dealing with it at the door. My experience with ups has been such that I know they'll gouge me.
I'll give ordering through Amazon a try, thanks for the suggestion.
When I bought my slip on from them 3 yrs ago I didn't get charged duty. I don't think duty gets charged from amazon.ca purchases, maybe if from Amazon.com

Really? Things must've changed. When I bought it, it was only $20 extra for shipping.

Good luck.

So, you ordered from Delkevic through amazon and no duties?

On their site they "suggest" that you prepay the duties instead of dealing with it at the door. My experience with ups has been such that I know they'll gouge me.
I'll give ordering through Amazon a try, thanks for the suggestion.
Using that amazon.ca link above, I can get one for 35.63 + 16.67 shipping (only one in stock, not sure what shipping price would be for two). Delivered to canada before the Jan 16. If amazon was asking you to prepay duties, I have a strong suspicion that you were on amazon.com . I have never paid duties when purchased from amazon.ca even if the product originated from a US warehouse (which doesn't happen often).

Sorry I should have been more clear, I meant on the Delkevic website, not Amazon.

Didn't realize I might be able to sidestep the duties by using Amazon.

I've messaged them through Amazon to see if they have two and can combine shipping.

Appreciate all the feedback, thank you!

I recently ordered from Delkevic and sidestepped the insane shipping by using CBI in NY. That said, the baffles are nicely made and fit snug, so I'd be in favour of those over something universal

Silly me, I would try a bricks and mortar bike dealer.
But what do I know??
lol, agreed...that was pretty much what I was asking, online in Canada or b&m if local would work. I'm indifferent to either, but I couldn't find any info on where I could find them so I asked.

If you know somewhere local I can actually go pick some up I would appreciate the info.

I recently ordered from Delkevic and sidestepped the insane shipping by using CBI in NY. That said, the baffles are nicely made and fit snug, so I'd be in favour of those over something universal
That option would cost me a third of the quote to ship to me.

By highway, it would take me about 80 minutes one way, but avoiding highways (scenic route) would take 3.5 hours. I may just use it as an excuse to go for a ride in the spring, install them in the parking lot there and ride back

I ended up ordering a pair from Delkevic through Amazon.ca, they were great for communicating with me about the product and shipping. I would deal with them again just for the quality of service.

FYI for anyone else in a similar situation, they confirmed DHL delivery through amazon and all charges paid, no cod on the shipment.

Thanks all for the help!

Back
Top Bottom