Need a shop recommendation | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a shop recommendation

adrisen

I bought a bike that needs safety and some additional repairs. I was looking to take it to either rosy toes or corcessa mechanica (oops spelling). Unless you can suggest a it’s that won’t give me a new *******. Although not sure about the second choice as I had felt with the owner and not impressed with the attitude and issues. But the service manager was s pleasure.

Any suggestions. I am in north York

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Ted at rosy toes......the place looks a little shady, and ted isnt the most clean cut dude, but he can saftey the bike for you at certainly a reasonable price.

I'll add the dude is funny as f*ck too.

I bought a bike that needs safety and some additional repairs. I was looking to take it to either rosy toes or corcessa mechanica (oops spelling). Unless you can suggest a it’s that won’t give me a new *******. Although not sure about the second choice as I had felt with the owner and not impressed with the attitude and issues. But the service manager was s pleasure.

Any suggestions. I am in north York

Does George still own corsa mechanicca? He has been fair with me in the past although other have had issues on the sales end (IIRC, he sold an rsv ot tuono to shaman out from under sonnythebull and really annoyed him).

Does George still own corsa mechanicca? He has been fair with me in the past although other have had issues on the sales end (IIRC, he sold an rsv ot tuono to shaman out from under sonnythebull and really annoyed him).

He still owns it. When I was looking at a Ducati there he tried to screw me. Little did he know I had a connection with Ducati and when I provided him the info. They weren’t impressed. I said I would never go back. But this guy in service came highly recommend. He is also a lot more convenient for me.

Ted at rosy toes......the place looks a little shady, and ted isnt the most clean cut dude, but he can saftey the bike for you at certainly a reasonable price.

I'll add the dude is funny as f*ck too.

I saw a Honda CM250 that he'd certified recently.
The chainguard was missing, taillamp lens was covered in red tape, steering head bearings were dangerously loose, front tire was smoked, right handlebar switch was loose so the throttle was rotating on the bar.
Owner was a newbie, didn't know any better - Ted must have done the safety with his eyes closed...

If the mechanic at Corsa Meccanica is still Rob, he was the mechanic at Rocket Cycle for many years and is good at his job.

The chainguard was missing, taillamp lens was covered in red tape, steering head bearings were dangerously loose, front tire was smoked, right handlebar switch was loose so the throttle was rotating on the bar.
Owner was a newbie, didn't know any better - Ted must have done the safety with his eyes closed...
Pay an extra $20, get the safety done over the phone and voila!

Noted.....lol

I'll admit, Ive gotten blind safeties from him.....but I work on my own bikes, from head to toe, so all I wanted was the paper.

I've had a safety done with Ted and it was up to spec.

Rosey Ted's safety cannot be trusted. He has gotten lazy now and doesn't want to do big mechanical jobs, he just wants to make easy money fixing and selling tires, changing oil, and lubing.

I took my bike there for a big mechanical job and Ted says to me; "That bike is as old and ugly as your wife, take it away from here." I asked what he meant and he tells me; "I'm not going to have that sheetbox laying around in my shop for 1 month waiting for parts, don't want the hassle". Then he tried to make me believe my tires were "no good" and to buy new ones from him.

Risky business for a mechanic to over-look safety items considering the potential for legal repercussions, getting busted should be sufficient warning to cease and desist, much like receiving a warning shot across your bow, the next one might sink you.

Rosey Ted's safety cannot be trusted. He has gotten lazy now and doesn't want to do big mechanical jobs, he just wants to make easy money fixing and selling tires, changing oil, and lubing.

I took my bike there for a big mechanical job and Ted says to me; "That bike is as old and ugly as your wife, take it away from here." I asked what he meant and he tells me; "I'm not going to have that sheetbox laying around in my shop for 1 month waiting for parts, don't want the hassle". Then he tried to make me believe my tires were "no good" and to buy new ones from him.

Buy some tools and get your hands dirty. No need to talk a guy down because he wouldn’t work on your bike.

He’s done many a tire change and safetied bikes for me and never a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like some feelings were hurt. :unsure: That's just how he is, so he didn't want to do it, oh well

By the way, he calls pretty much every bike a piece of ****. I can't decide what brand he actually likes

Buy some tools and get your hands dirty. No need to talk a guy down because he wouldn’t work on your bike.

He’s done many a tire change and safetied bikes for me and never a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the hell are you talking about man? People need to know, to be warned, and thats exactly what I'm doing. That's what the internet is for, otherwise close down this thread and keep people in the dark.

If Ted doesn't want to get his hands dirty with mechanical jobs then he should quit, I don't need a mechanic to fix a flat tire or change the oil.

What the hell are you talking about man? People need to know, to be warned, and thats exactly what I'm doing. That's what the internet is for, otherwise close down this thread and keep people in the dark.

If Ted doesn't want to get his hands dirty with mechanical jobs then he should quit, I don't need a mechanic to fix a flat tire or change the oil.

I don't know Ted, never used his shop but I do know business. Ted as a business owner is not only in the motorcycle repair business, he is also in the profit business. He has the liberty to pick and choose the work he does. I would think he knows his business far better than you (where is that Pegassus Mechanics 101 thread again?) and I would also think he knows which jobs will add to his bottom line while others will erode it.

Keeping in mind all the internet sh*t talk because it took him too long to source parts and get the bike back to the owner and every internet warrior that knows better than he does. So thank you and the internet for making business owners rethink their position. Everyone so eager to piss on a guy assuming that they are out to getcha when all they want to do, just like you, is earn a respectable wage while not selling their soul and being able to sleep at night. Nope roll in an azzhat like our dear friend here with all the stats, know how and sh*t talk.

Sure, internet reviews are very helpful but one also needs to learn how to read critically. Do you ever think deeper than a pothole? Isn't there an insurance scam or traffic ticket that needs a superhero?

For safeties the only reputable person I know of is ace(Adrian?) in milton

Ted's gruff manner used to be fun but now he's genuinely mean and doesn't care. He's even turning down cable changes and air filters and i had the parts. He's blowing everybody out and I can't believe that after seeing him for 20 years I'm never going back. He has changed.

Back
Top Bottom