Need a new helmet! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a new helmet!

This is what I went with for my first helmet. Bell Qualifier DLX. Currently on clearance at GP for $180 bucks.

Picked one up from GP Bikes at the show...

49d4138a25e6b54d617b760e6c55817b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I went with for my first helmet. Bell Qualifier DLX. Currently on clearance at GP for $180 bucks.
Great choice! You don't have to worry about walking with 2 visors

Have the same issue: need to get a new helmet. My previous 2 helmets were icon airframe - I loved it, but it is discontinued...
Will there be any good deals during spring show? Or should I just try the bell vortex with go bikes online?

Sent from my Pixel using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I got the same one from Royal on clearance for $209. Haven't used it yet, but it was the most comfortable helmet i tried on (save for a $900 Shoei and the Bell Star). Although the Bell Star was on for $299, I thought the Qualifier DLX was just as comfortable and the Transitions lens put it over top.

Anyone use a Speed & Strength helmet? I tried one on and it was the most awkward feeling helmet I have ever wore. I don't know what head shape you need for one of them, but I definitely do not have the right one.

Go to a store and try on every brand, find what fits you best, and then spend as much as you can afford.
Price goes up for graphics, lightness and material construction as others have mentioned.
You only have one head...

Go to a store and try on every brand, find what fits you best, and then spend as much as you can afford.
Price goes up for graphics, lightness and material construction as others have mentioned.
You only have one head...

best advice here

Decided to go for the Bell Star Pace helmet. GP bikes has it on sale for just $275.

kp5Q3Jw.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to go for the Bell Star Pace helmet. GP bikes has it on sale for just $275.

kp5Q3Jw.jpg

Is your helmet MIPS? and also SNELL 2015?

I'm curios because I'm shopping for a new helmet as well and noticed that the Star is cheaper on GP compare to RD or Fortnine but it doesn't say MIPS nor SNELL 2015.

I'm wondering if MIPS makes a big difference.

Is your helmet MIPS? and also SNELL 2015?

I'm curios because I'm shopping for a new helmet as well and noticed that the Star is cheaper on GP compare to RD or Fortnine but it doesn't say MIPS nor SNELL 2015.

I'm wondering if MIPS makes a big difference.
This is the 2016 version of the bell star. I believe it's Snell rated but not MIPS. Not sure what MIPS is either, but online I saw bell star MIPS helmets. This isn't one of them.

Edit: MIPS is some energy management system. Sounds like a marketing gimmick.
Edit2: MIPS is probably the 2017 version of the Bell Star series, which is not on sale

Last edited:
Picked one up from GP Bikes at the show...

49d4138a25e6b54d617b760e6c55817b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have this same helmet, love the auto tinting visor and fits my sena perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Have this same helmet, love the auto tinting visor and fits my sena perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Those transition visors are pricey. Looking to buy one but not for $200 (bell star visor is that expensive apparently). That's 2/3rd the cost of my helmet.

I ordered a RSD Bell Star yesterday from GP. At $299 I thought it was a great price. Pretty spiffy paint job too.

That transition visor is worth the money. I have it on my 2015 Bell Star. Saves a whole lot of hassle of carrying 2 visors when riding all day and into the evening/night.

One of my mates has it as well but he put a clear plastic 3M film on it to cut down on possible scratches. Seems to work well.

Back
Top Bottom