My Terrible Tuning Experience With Pro 6 Cycle | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

My Terrible Tuning Experience With Pro 6 Cycle

I've only ever had my bike dyno'd and Champion Cycle did it. I did the PCV/mod installs and then Champion Cycle tuned it up for like $250-300 and it was a holiday. Took a couple hours but the bike runs better, and buddy showed me around the shop, introduced me to some techs and did the tuning right in front of my eyes. I'll go again with the next bike whenever that happens.

Tuning isn't JUST for better performance (more HP). It can also be to fix what the factory didn't quite get right, whether that's throttle snatchiness, leannes in fuel, etc..

Tuning isn't JUST for better performance (more HP). It can also be to fix what the factory didn't quite get right, whether that's throttle snatchiness, leannes in fuel, etc..
That is what I was referring to... (y)
I do agree massive HP gains will not make you a better rider as well.

That is what I was referring to... (y)
I do agree massive HP gains will not make you a better rider as well.
Hp gains probably make most people a worse rider as you can somewhat compensate for bad technique with more throttle. Fun though.

... and it could be arguable that MORE power makes you a lesser rider. It teaches you to rely on the bike instead of your talent.
Why learn how to increase your corner speed when you can just whack the throttle open at corner exit.
My BEST lessons on how to go fast was on a 70cc bike with no brakes.

... and it could be arguable that MORE power makes you a lesser rider. It teaches you to rely on the bike instead of your talent.
Why learn how to increase your corner speed when you can just whack the throttle open at corner exit.
My BEST lessons on how to go fast was on a 70cc bike with no brakes.
Take a Racer 5 school on a CBR125R and see how much you learn.
13 smokin' hp makes you a better throttle twister.

There is a reason full on race bikes make lousy street bikes and vice versa.
If Pro6 was told to wring every bit of power out of it that they could, then the op gets a streetbike with a lousy bottom end. You can't always have both.

If Pro6 was told to wring every bit of power out of it that they could, then the op gets a streetbike with a lousy bottom end. You can't always have both.
If you're just poking it in the brain that doesnt have to happen. Start touching hard parts and you are entirely correct.

If you're just poking it in the brain that doesnt have to happen. Start touching hard parts and you are entirely correct.
Exactly. He put a full race exhaust on it. Without doing any head work,cams or combustion chamber work.it would largely be cosmetic. (More noise)
I think he was making a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Pro6 does good work which is expensive. Talk is cheap.

Just to counterbalance, I spent ~$4k with Pro6 a while back trying to fix a bike that they never did fix. Absolutely dismal experience

This is where the saying "it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow" came from.

Reminds me of guy that bought a race duc motor from someone down south. Came with all the bills to prove the work that had been done.Crank, pistons, valves, ported, etc etc etc. The tuner suggested a full teardown and inspection. NOPE, put it in the bike and get it on the dyno.
There wasn't one piece of it bigger than your first. I saw the bits in a big Tupperware tub. Tuner figures it was the exhaust valve closer shims set too tight. Bent valve, boom boom boom.

Back
Top Bottom