My latest tool acquisition | GTAMotorcycle.com

My latest tool acquisition

Needs more horsepower.

Adjustable crows foot torque wrench. I haven't seen the redneck implementation before, but if it works it works.

My auto mechanic uncle referred to them as surcharge wrenches if he found the markings on a bolt or screw.

Ahhh, Princess Auto.Home of the tool shaped metal objects.
Meh, most of their stuff is perfectly fine for the backyard mechanic, and if anything breaks, ever, they'll gladly exchange it seemingly forever with zero hassle.

I have one of their old brand (PowerFist) compressors I bought there about 15 years ago, have beat on endlessly over the years (it ran literally 12 hours non stop several times at one point for something I was working on) and it just keeps on ticking. Just blew up my wifes tire with it yesterday. And if it does crap the bed and I was shameless enough to drag it into the store I'm pretty confident they'd tell me to go pull a comparable one off the shelf and exchange it.

Meh, most of their stuff is perfectly fine for the backyard mechanic, and if anything breaks, ever, they'll gladly exchange it seemingly forever with zero hassle.

I have one of their old brand (PowerFist) compressors I bought there about 15 years ago, have beat on endlessly over the years (it ran literally 12 hours non stop several times at one point for something I was working on) and it just keeps on ticking. Just blew up my wifes tire with it yesterday. And if it does crap the bed and I was shameless enough to drag it into the store I'm pretty confident they'd tell me to go pull a comparable one off the shelf and exchange it.

Yep, knock PA and CT all you want but for the average person working on their own stuff it’s generally sufficient. Also replaced with little hassle when it breaks.

Are quality tools that much better? Hell ya but you have to pay to play.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

post-19159-0-17979100-1455380158.jpg

I don’t touch PowerFist hand tools any more. I needed a 1/2 flex extension to remove diff carrier bolts on my truck this summer — it blew the swivel on the first bolt. I also exploded an impact socket trying to remove a stuck wheel lug.

I only have a few PA tools (bike lift, plasma cutter, grease gun, sandblasted cabinet), they all work like a charm.

I don’t touch PowerFist hand tools any more. I needed a 1/2 flex extension to remove diff carrier bolts on my truck this summer — it blew the swivel on the first bolt. I also exploded an impact socket trying to remove a stuck wheel lug.

I only have a few PA tools (bike lift, plasma cutter, grease gun, sandblasted cabinet), they all work like a charm.
I use PowerFister for rarely used tools that are not economically viable from the big brands. Things like sockets over 1", 4' long breaker bar, tie rod end forks, etc.

I use PowerFister for rarely used tools that are not economically viable from the big brands. Things like sockets over 1", 4' long breaker bar, tie rod end forks, etc.
The PF 5-ton electric log splitter is pretty good, I haven't broke it yet.

...4' long breaker bar,...
I bought a cheap 4 foot long crowbar a few years back, it didn't work very good but it sure did make me feel strong when I bent it with my bare hands :|

I bought a cheap 4 foot long crowbar a few years back, it didn't work very good but it sure did make me feel strong when I bent it with my bare hands :|
This thing is strong. ~1.25" solid steel bar. I have jumped on it many times with no issues. That has to be well over 1000 lb/ft at the head, probably closer to 2000, not willing to bother calculating the force of the bounce.

A56730BF-23C5-4878-AF9B-82362F3ABF48.jpeg
The swivel let go on a breaker bar, the impact socket on an impact gun.

Back
Top Bottom