Multistrada V4S(radar!) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Multistrada V4S(radar!)

bigpoppa

Not gonna lie, I was worried for zack's safety, trying out the adaptive cruise control in LA traffic, it seems to work well, but now we gotta worry about the machines taking over.

The radar is something that they will all have eventually.I really like the service intervals.

Edit. The XR and the MTS both have dealer networks that suck for true adv riding. The real winner is the Suzuki v strom 1050. And $10k less.

Last edited:
The radar is something that they will all have eventually.I really like the service intervals.

Edit. The XR and the MTS both have dealer networks that suck for true adv riding. The real winner is the Suzuki v strom 1050. And $10k less.
well the XR isnt an ADV bike.

Vstrom 1050 is probably a better deal, but it's not necessarily a better bike.

Vstrom 1050 is probably a better deal, but it's not necessarily a better bike.

Unless they do something about the weight, I agree.

I've ridden a DL1000 and a DL650 back-to-back. The extra weight penalty completely nullifies the power advantage, plus it's a pig to move around in slow-speed maneuvers.

There's a reason why the Wee-strom outsells its bigger brother 2:1.

True. Personally, i think the term adv is mostly bs anyway. It's like calling my Tacoma an off-road vehicle because it says 4x4 ion the tailgate.

I've ridden a DL1000 and a DL650 back-to-back. The extra weight penalty completely nullifies the power advantage, plus it's a pig to move around in slow-speed maneuvers.

If buying new(and budget/dealer network/weight is a nonissue):

ktm super adventure R/r1250GS/multistrada;

elif budget,dealer support,weight is an issue:
AT>t7>wee strom;

big poppa psuedocode

#edit wtf, GTAM doesnt like whitespace

If buying new(and budget/dealer network/weight is a nonissue):

ktm super adventure R/r1250GS/multistrada;

elif budget,dealer support,weight is an issue:
AT>t7>wee strom;

big poppa psuedocode

#edit wtf, GTAM doesnt like whitespace

Haha, I actually understood that.

Personally, I would switch R1250GS with the SAR.

SAR has a real lumpy, vibey engine. The boxer twin, although less power, is more refined. Me gusta.

Also, if weight is an issue, then I'd pick the T7 over the AT. The Tenere is almost 80 lbs lighter! The AT is quite a pig.

I've ridden my buddy's AT and it feels heavier than my R12GS because the weight is relatively higher.

Well, that's because you didn't get the baller TRD Pro version...
Trying to remember. I think it was another $15k. My 2013 was $32 out the door with everything extra i wanted with it. Hard cap, backup cam, weather tech, steps and remote starter. AND it's a 4 cyl.

Trying to remember. I think it was another $15k. My 2013 was $32 out the door with everything extra i wanted with it. Hard cap, backup cam, weather tech, steps and remote starter. AND it's a 4 cyl.

I read somewhere that you could kit out a stock Taco with better aftermarket shocks, rear locker, sturdier skid plate, better stereo system, etc. and still come out ahead than if you bought the TRD Pro. It's quite the hefty premium for what you actually get, and I think you're paying more for the TRD Pro badge on the door than anything...

My Taco just hauls bikes. If I do something stupid like putting 33" tires and a lift-kit on it, it would just mean I'd have a taller bed to push the bikes up to.

Yes. Some of the stuff is cheaper diy. The skidplate is a joke. Someone with a TRD Pro ripped theirs off on a tree root a few years ago at a trial. Looked like it was fastened with 10mm bolts. Lol.
Great truck tho.

I read somewhere that you could kit out a stock Taco with better aftermarket shocks, rear locker, sturdier skid plate, better stereo system, etc. and still come out ahead than if you bought the TRD Pro. It's quite the hefty premium for what you actually get, and I think you're paying more for the TRD Pro badge on the door than anything...

My Taco just hauls bikes. If I do something stupid like putting 33" tires and a lift-kit on it, it would just mean I'd have a taller bed to push the bikes up to.
The way Toyota does packages, you typically need to get into the TRD for options like heated seats and back-up cameras. At least you did when I bought one back in 2007, for what little that's worth. I didn't give a fig about off-road capability, but ended up in a TRD for everything else.

There are some really good off-road Tacomas, but they're the old regular cab, short box ones, likely with the I4. The crew cab ones with the medium box are just too long to be good on trails.

The way Toyota does packages, you typically need to get into the TRD for options like heated seats and back-up cameras. At least you did when I bought one back in 2007, for what little that's worth. I didn't give a fig about off-road capability, but ended up in a TRD for everything else.

There are some really good off-road Tacomas, but they're the old regular cab, short box ones, likely with the I4. The crew cab ones with the medium box are just too long to be good on trails.
I needed the backup up camera for a number of reasons and the Toyota one only came with the $1000+ package that includes gps. Mine is an aftermarket one that uses the touch screen display and oem tailgate handle for $130.

I needed the backup up camera for a number of reasons and the Toyota one only came with the $1000+ package that includes gps. Mine is an aftermarket one that uses the touch screen display and oem tailgate handle for $130.
you could install your own backup camera system for far cheaper.

but since '17 it's been mandatory on all models/trims so moot point i guess.

I rode the ape to test drive a Weestrom. Ugh. I wanted to like it but it was a very sad ride. Like the days of my old honda where you could just ride around with the throttle wide open and hope speed built eventually. Never been so happy to hop back on my bike and had a huge smile leaving the parking lot. I cant remember if I've ridden a dl1000 .

I rode the ape to test drive a Weestrom. Ugh. I wanted to like it but it was a very sad ride. Like the days of my old honda where you could just ride around with the throttle wide open and hope speed built eventually. Never been so happy to hop back on my bike and had a huge smile leaving the parking lot. I cant remember if I've ridden a dl1000 .
what are you on now?
A capo?

You're talking about a bike with 1/2 the displacement. I've ridden my Wee with a few fellows on big bikes S-Tens, Stelvios, GS1200 (including one who frequents this site), they haven't been able to embarrass WeeStrommers. I've tried a bunch S-Ten, CAPO, Stelvio and MultiS -- I couldn't see a reason to spend the extra 12K and stupid maintenance costs for a bit of straight line oomph.

A Wee will tour at 140 happily all day long, go 0-100 on 3.5 seconds and an 11.3 quarter. With a competent rider keeping up with liter+ adv bikes on the road isn't hard.

I have 4 liter+ bikes and have a pretty good point of reference on performance. The Wee deserves more respect than it typically gets.

Back
Top Bottom