MT07 or MT09 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MT07 or MT09

Seems like the decision is made!

So next question: 2019 MT-09 would be $10.2k including tax. 2021 is 12.75k. Worth spending an extra 2.5k for the 2021 model with new electronics and other things?
i would have to disagree with @Jayv and say get a 17+ to get the nannies, on the basis of a rider growing into his/her skills i think it's worth it. You can always disable them when you want anyways. The suspension was also upgraded and LED lights as per @bigpoppa

I think the 19+ have the quickshifter.

If it were my money I'd try to find a used 19 because quickshifter are fun, but you can't go wrong with a a used 17+. Keep in mind these are considered 'hooligan bikes'. Do some research into what to look for in abused bikes.

If you want to avoid all extra work then try looking to see if any dealer has a 19+ on the floor, should net a nice discount as well.

I see lots of '19/'20s in the GTA for under 10k, most brand new.

Last edited:
i would have to disagree with @Jayv and say get a 17+ to get the nannies, on the basis of a rider growing into his/her skills i think it's worth it. You can always disable them when you want anyways. The suspension was also upgraded and LED lights as per @bigpoppa

I think the 19+ have the quickshifter.

If it were my money I'd try to find a used 19 because quickshifter are fun, but you can't go wrong with a a used 17+. Keep in mind these are considered 'hooligan bikes'. Do some research into what to look for in abused bikes.

If you want to avoid all extra work then try looking to see if any dealer has a 19+ on the floor, should net a nice discount as well.

If the quickshifter is up and down, then 100% get the new gen 3

This is something I was really wondering - how much difference will there be in day-to-day usage if I'm not planning on breaking any laws?

If not intending on breaking laws is the bigger bike really that much more fun? The ER6-n I used to have certainly wasn't considered a rocketship but I found it annoying trying to improve my riding technique AND obey laws. Basically if I focused on body position, counter-steering, accelerating through the corner etc. all at the same time I would always be hitting HTA 172 territory. I would expect that both of these bikes are faster then my ER6-n and I feel like if you're not intending on going to the track or breaking laws than it might more fun not trying to restrain those extra 43 horses.

If not intending on breaking laws
On this public forum that is archived by Google, I will state that I think HTA 172 is a challenge and not a law....
That was sarcasm and I always obey the speed limit and all other rules of the road.

Just in case anyone was curious, I ended up putting a deposit down on a Tenere 700. I was all ready to go for the MT-09, but realized that trying to get two bikes in and out of my tiny shed was not going to be fun. And also that I probably lack the self control for a bike that fast. The Tenere seemed like the best compromise.

Thanks for all of the feedback.

Just in case anyone was curious, I ended up putting a deposit down on a Tenere 700. I was all ready to go for the MT-09, but realized that trying to get two bikes in and out of my tiny shed was not going to be fun. And also that I probably lack the self control for a bike that fast. The Tenere seemed like the best compromise.

plot twist indeed.

enjoy.

lol nice!
every rider is chasing the unicorn do-it-all bike, replacing two bikes with one is always nice

Enjoy!

Seems like an awesome bike, haven't ridden it yet. Enjoy

I've never tried an mt09 but I've had a 2016 fz07 for 2 years now and I haven't felt a need for any more power. Came off a crf250l that I rode for 4 years. Its a great bike and I really enjoy it.

I've never tried an mt09 but I've had a 2016 fz07 for 2 years now and I haven't felt a need for any more power. Came off a crf250l that I rode for 4 years. Its a great bike and I really enjoy it.

It is a great motor no question about that! Tons of usable city power. They should put the USD forks on the MT07 soon like the MT03 and 09.

Just try it

You won't be disappointed. I LOVE mine.
2015c9faedfd788e97351c965086d2df.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

You won't be disappointed. I LOVE mine.
2015c9faedfd788e97351c965086d2df.jpg

those headlights are really neat looking

@Iceman I want one so bad, same engine as my FZ07 which I love, however it's wayyyyyyyy too tall for me...
it is my understanding you get over the height issues relatively quickly on offroad bikes

Not sure that's true bigpoppa. I owned a DRZ400 and still have a KLR650 both bikes with taller seat heights. I'm short and and although the height is not a problem once I'm rolling (on road or off) it rears it head each time I stop and need to put a foot on the ground.
(DRZ - shaved the seat and dropped the triple clamps)
(KLR - links and dropped triples)

I managed to find one in a showroom yesterday and got a chance to sit on it, and it's not as bad as the specs make it seem. It sags quite a bit when you sit on it, and the seat is fairly narrow. I'm 6' with a 31" inseam and was on the balls of my feet with the standard seat. They also have a low seat and lowering links which would help as well.

I managed to find one in a showroom yesterday and got a chance to sit on it, and it's not as bad as the specs make it seem. It sags quite a bit when you sit on it, and the seat is fairly narrow. I'm 6' with a 31" inseam and was on the balls of my feet with the standard seat. They also have a low seat and lowering links which would help as well.
I'm 6' with a 31or 32" inseam as well. Stock seat is fine as the suspension settles in, except for comfort lol. I bought the Seat Concepts low comfort seat. Its 7/8" shorter but miles ahead in comfort.
The Yamaha factory low seat is lower, but no more comfortable than the standard seat.

Back
Top Bottom