Motorcycle Supershow - International Center - Jan 6-8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Supershow - International Center - Jan 6-8

cutekill

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Rider Training Professional
Hey all,

GTAM will be at North American International Motorcycle Supershow! And we have 3 sets of tickets to give away, in this thread.

The motorcycle community has taken a big hit over the last few years to do the pandemic and there's a lot of talk going on about the Supershow event that was put together last year, but here's our take.... The constant changes in restrictions leading up to the show was difficult to manage for the show organizers as well as the Dealers and vendors. Many say that they shouldn't have bothered, but then what about the little guys? The ones that relay on the shows to get their name out there each and every season?

To us, here at GTAM, the show isn't just about trying to find the deals, it's about building the community and bringing the motorcycle community together. New riders come to the shows that just started in the world of two wheels. January is also a great time to have a motorcycle show as it's helps to break up the long winter and helps ward off the winter blues. It's also a chance for us to meet our members face to face and chat, share stories and have a laugh.

So, if you find yourself at the show this coming weekend, please stop by the GTAM Booth and say hi! We'll be in Hall 1E, booth #1718.

Now for the ticket contest.... we have selected 3 random post numbers that will win a set of tickets to the show. Share your reasons for going to the show, your advise for new to motorcycling riders going to their first show or what your plans are for the 2023 riding season.

Look forward to seeing you all.

Last edited:
Why go to the show? The vintage hall is always a thrill for me. Lots of history, some nice customs, restorations and a lot of survivors. There are deals - I've bought a couple of bikes (S40 beginner bike for the wife, Ninja 250 for her second bike) at the show in the past, one in the used marketplace and another from a dealer. Both were priced way below market value.

Those new to motorcycling? Check out the bike training booths -- they usually have show specials, the schools are also great at advising you on the steps to get yourself going. Bring your questions on what gear to buy, where to get it, insurance issues for beginners, and when to start shopping for your first bike.

Plans for next season? I'm looking to do a few more trips next summer, one through N and W Ontario, and another thru PA, and KY. Several states and Tourism Ontario always have great guidance on routes and accommodations, plus they are great at explaining the condition of roads for the coming season.

I didn't go last year. In prior years there were lots to see from bike and gear dealers, there's also a flea market hall that has pretty good prices on old stock and bike-oriented tchotchkes.

Why go to the Show?
It is everything "motorcycling" under one roof!
Bikes, accessories, information, deals - it is all there.
A bonus is the custom bike exhibition, check out the chrome and paintwork.

New to motorcycling?
The Show is an excellent "starter".
Dealers will have a variety of bikes to choose from, after-market vendors will be showing their wares aplenty and a newbie can even pick up an insurance policy there.

Plans for '23?
Ride, ride, ride!
(important: ATGATT)

Wife just started riding last year, she has no idea where to start.. but lots of misconceptions, so it would be nice if someone other then me had to tell her she is wrong LOL.
I just love anything on two wheels, old, new, custom, from the show room. All styles as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desperate to see bikes and see the regular people we have missed over the last few years. Hoping for lots of riding this year, new roads up northern Ontario perhaps. Would love to do Manitoulin Island this year.

Hi guys!

We will be there also in Hall 1E booth 1437

No bike to show but as a vendor with our business that we started over the plandemic time, stop by & say hi!
2152ff74b03a6b2fc032f0533753e043.jpg

Gotta go my buddy is displaying his turbo sleeper.

Might even buy some gear...

Can you get $3 off the online price or only at the gate?

Any chance they let volunteers try the "the wall of death"? Always wanted to give it a go.

I'm going for sure. Already bought my tickets. I want to see the new bikes coming this year if there are any at this event.

Already bought my ticket online with the discount. It beats lining up.

$24 for a few hours of wandering around looking a motorbikes and related stuff, paying my OFTR membership and maybe seeing some old friends is (FOR ME) a pretty good deal. Maybe I'll see something I can't live without, or make plans for a bit of a tour in the coming summer.

What else am I going to to on the Friday of the first weekend in January? Personally, I've spent enough time sitting alone in my house over the last couple years.

Anybody win a ticket yet? I'm looking to purchase soon....

Reason why i want to go- 2022 didn't have too much time to ride at all. I am hoping this year would be different, and want to start the year with this approach.

Advice for newbies- Enjoy the ambience, look around to see the bikes, gears and accessories. Pick up your gear if you have not done so already.

Plan for 2023 riding season- At least one long ride, and hoping to give Soulcatcher a run for his money this year with the GTA photo tag contest (assuming my personal circumstances and bandwidth allows me the riding opportunities)

Note: I do hope the free ticket goes to a first time visitor. I have been a few times, and would hope this goes to someone who is going for for the first time to this event.

Reason why I want to go?
Got 3 kids and one is interested in bikes so it’s something to do with the little guy.

Tips for new riders?
Don’t ever feel pressure to keep up. Not worth it. You get caught up and things happen fast, sometimes ending badly. I’ve been lucky so far.

Plans for 2023?
Ride more than 2022 and at least 1 overnighted. Maybe try to finally hit up PA…if my wife is cool with it.

Back
Top Bottom