Motorcycle Stands | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Stands

oomis

Site Supporter
I'm looking for opinions from folks on motorcycle stands, front and rear. I'm looking for a set for my garage that I could use on multiple motorcycles (street bikes, not track)- sort of universally applicable, mostly for wheel removal. This means paddle-style swingarm stand for the rear, rather than spools, though ideally the ability to convert between the two would be cool.

I'm not looking for the cheapest option, nor am I looking for the most expensive option, but I am looking for quality tools.

Would prefer to source from Canada, rather than paying the exchange rate and duty at the border, but for the right tools I wouldn't mind.

Does anyone have stands they really like?

Hindle Stands I find to be the best, small, light and easy to use. Pitbull is probably your #1 option.

Hindle Stands I find to be the best, small, light and easy to use. Pitbull is probably your #1 option.

I couldn't find a pitbull swingarm stand with paddles. They seem to either use pins (for single sided swingarms) or spools.

IMO there really aren't many options that aren't cheap or expensive.

That being said, Pitbull has a convertible rear stand that can work with spools and without.
https://bluestreakracing.ca/stands-...swing-arm/ss-rear-stand-standard-spooled.html

A normal paddle front stand should suffice.
https://bluestreakracing.ca/stands-...bull/front-stands/hybrid-fork-lift-stand.html

I've used the cheaper Gorilla or BVP stands and they work. They get the job done. But Pitbull stands are awesome and I don't regret the $ that they cost even for a moment. Also, can't go wrong with Bluestreak Racing

I bought a cheap chinese stand and it turned out to be useless. It makes the job 10x harder than it needs to be. One problem is that the stand has a joint in the tubes which allow them to rotate slightly making it hard to set the width correctly for the spools.

I'm looking to possibly replace my rear stand with this one from Princess Auto:
http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/powerfist-rear-motorcycle-wheel-stand/A-p8321440e
One of the reviews mentions that the stand is very wide and does not easily fit smaller bikes... check before you buy.

Eventually I'll replace the front stand too (as it is even less useful).

Wanna buy mine :D

Last edited:
Just stay away from the ignition brand from Canadian Tire. While the rear stand isn't bad the front fork stand stinks.

I never understand why people insist on spending hundreds of dollars on something that is extremely simple and has a simple task. A piece of metal that holds your bike off the ground.
I should buy some Canadian Tire ones, paint them red and put Ferrari stickers on them. Probably could sell them for 500 bucks on Kijiji.

Kapscomoto for me. I have used them for several years. Not a single problem. Paid $80 for front and rear, shipped to my door.

I think most of us that have invested thousands in motorcycle related equipment understand that going cheap is actually more expensive.

I never understand why people insist on spending hundreds of dollars on something that is extremely simple and has a simple task. A piece of metal that holds your bike off the ground.
I should buy some Canadian Tire ones, paint them red and put Ferrari stickers on them. Probably could sell them for 500 bucks on Kijiji.

Kapscomoto for me. I have used them for several years. Not a single problem. Paid $80 for front and rear, shipped to my door.

I've used several stands from different suppliers. There's a difference.

I don't have pit-bull stands but I've used them and they're significantly better then my $120 stands (for the set) which are again better then the cheap junk Canadian Tire option.

I never understand why people insist on spending hundreds of dollars on something that is extremely simple and has a simple task.

Just because a tool has a simple job to do doesn't mean many companies can't **** up designing one to the point of being useless at it's ONLY task.

Nothing wrong with these, have my bike on them one for the 2nd or 3rd winter and has yet to fall off them, I can even push the bike back and forth in the garage with no issues, money well spent but didn't have to spend a fortune

http://www.kapscomoto.com/product_p/smi6011.htm

i don't know what something twice or 3 times the cost would do differently, someone want to bring theirs over to show me the advantage of the higher priced stands......

Nothing wrong with these, have my bike on them one for the 2nd or 3rd winter and has yet to fall off them, I can even push the bike back and forth in the garage with no issues, money well spent but didn't have to spend a fortune

i don't know what something twice or 3 times the cost would do differently, someone want to bring theirs over to show me the advantage of the higher priced stands......

stability, durability, adjustability and overall longevity...

sure I'll put my Ninja on those over winter tucked away even use em for trackdays on a 250. If I had a dedicated 'proper' trackbike, **** no. These things are constantly put to use yet no one ever gives them a second thought. If you're the type of rider where you just lift it up for oil changes/maintenance and winter storage someone who does trackdays will likely use their stands more in single day than you will all year. Take into account most racebikes dont't have kickstands.

Those look very similar to the chinese stands I bought. I've circled the 3 areas where my stands suck...

1) The rubber feet have cracked and come off of the rivets which hold them.
2) The wheels do not roll very well and are cheap hollow plastic wheels which will eventually crack.
3) The entire stand is 2 parts which are bolted together and this joint allows some twist which will make the arms which engage the motorcycle move inward. On the front stand that means the pegs which rest under the forks will angle downward and the rubber tubing on the pegs slides off and eventually lets the front of the bike drop to the floor.
attachment.php

More expensive stands are 1 part fully welded so that this is not possible. Better stands use inline skate wheels so that the lifting action is smooth and easy. Also, the amount of slop in the parts in general is less in a quality stand versus a badly designed stand.

Just some things to watch for so you end up with economical stands and not cheap stands.

The Angles on cheap stands are always wrong, angles on the expensive ones are sweet.

I have a set of Hindle and a set of Pitbull stands. I use the Hindle for my SV650. I use the Pitbull for my CBR 1100. The Pitbull rear stand is universal, it has the paddles and the width is adjustable.

I have Hindle front and rear spools stands (got used in 2006 or 2007), the venom rear swing arm lift stand (over two years old) and a MJ Moto rear single sided stand (over two years old). The all work fine and none have broken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you considered an Abba style stand? Different mounting plates for most bikes are available from what I understand.
Blue streak racing carries them as far as I know. They have a smaller version available well if you're not interested the full version.

Back
Top Bottom