Motorcycle or Car? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle or Car?

huhjunn

I was wondering what you're thoughts are on which would be better? I know you shouldn't ride a bike if you have a fear of death or w.e... but I mean it's true that the death rate is higher compared to a car. I'm 19 with my g2 and I want to get a bike but... maybe I should just stay with a car? I don't have either yet but I'm trying to decide now. The car has some benefits like, storage (trunk), passenger seats, safety features, etc. But it's not as good on gas, and it's not as fun to ride as a motorcycle. I don't want to die on a bike, I'm probably too inexperienced to say that it isn't safe... but thats why I'm here asking you what I should get.

Thanks

P.S. I don't mean to offend anyone with my question, so please ask me to clarify or edit if things get out of translation!

If it wasn't for snow, and how everyone forgets how to drive in the rain, (and the fact that work doesn't look kindly on their employees coming to work soaked to the bone) I'd ride my bike every single day.

If you have to ask, you already know.

Get the car because when you get on the bike, you won't be in control of your life, and you'll be doing 60km/hour when cars are doing 30.

Best to wait until you're near 25 for the bike.

A car you can drive year round.

If you have to ask, you already know.

Get the car because when you get on the bike, you won't be in control of your life, and you'll be doing 60km/hour when cars are doing 30.

i lol'd. aware.

I'm giving up being on 2 :( Feels awful man.

Going to acquire car first then buying a brand new 600RR when I hit 25 (next October) can't wait.

Your sure to get an unbiased opinion here

Best to wait until you're near 25 for the bike.

A car you can drive year round.

Smart advice.

I got my M2 at 23.. but waited 5 years to get my M. Didn't ride in between those years. Smartest thing I ever did!

You're gonna be kinda screwed in the winter if you only have a bike. Heck, I can't even live with a two seater car... so annoying when I need to transport more than 1 other person or anything of any kind of size. Now I've got three vehicles. :p Just renewed my plates yesterday. Ouch.

If it's a practicality issue, there's no question but that a car is more practical. Get a small car with a trailer hitch and access to a small trailer and you'll never need another vehicle.

If you love riding you can get by without a car but it's not exactly practical. Also, if you live in an urban environment, I'd suggest bicycle and public transit and rent a car when you need one (although that's only practical if you're over 25). Motorized vehicles are a huge waste of money. But for many of us, they're also a ton of fun.

Get a bike. Pick up a chick with a car, and now you got the best of both worlds plus some pum pum.

If you have your heart set on a motorcycle, you're going to get one eventually. Obviously right now it's best to get a vehicle that you can use all year round, so a car would be ideal. Get your M1/M2 this season, sit on it for a year or two, then you can get insured through Jevco at a reasonable rate on a beginner friendly bike. (CBR125/250, Ninja250R, etc...)
Nobody wants to die on a motorcycle, we all take the risk and depend on our skill/intuition in order to live through it and ride another day.
Good luck.

Take it from someone who rides, rain, shine or snow. If you score a scooter you can ride that ***** 24/7 365. Two things you'll need is a windshield, and excellent warm gear.
2010-YAMAHA-ZUMA-125.jpg

This is your ride...Yamaha BWS 125
I had the BWS 50 which was good for winter but not really fast enough for any 80km roads.
Don't believe me, look at this
[video=youtube;ImSVKTROtxM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImSVKTROtxM[/video]
It has big knobby tires for grip in the snow, hand guards to keep the cold wind off your hands. Throw a windsheild on that baby and you got a serious winter scooter. My next scooter will be the 125 for sure.

Back
Top Bottom