Motorcycle manufacturer hardware markers | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle manufacturer hardware markers

bigpoppa

On new bikes from the factory, you often see little marks on the various hardware (nuts, bolts, screws etc)
it almost looks like some kind of glossy plastic paint from a pen, anyone know what they are? And where to get them?

Im assuming its not just a regular color marker, and they're probably used to check easily if anything's gotten loose etc

On new bikes from the factory, you often see little marks on the various hardware (nuts, bolts, screws etc)
it almost looks like some kind of glossy plastic paint from a pen, anyone know what they are? And where to get them?

Im assuming its not just a regular color marker, and they're probably used to check easily if anything's gotten loose etc
They're just a paint marker you can buy them on Amazon or pretty much any industrial supplies

Sent from the future

I believe the mark is put there after it has been torqued, they are just regular paint markers. We use them at work when putting machines back together with multiple people, or many fasteners.. sometimes two different colours depending on torque sequence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you talking about the little green plastic tamper indicator droplet or the paint marker? No idea where to get the droplet. Paint markers are easy to find.

"Witness marks".

With a new bike, after first service: nothing moved, most clean them all off.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

In the days when GM would build a car to your custom order dabs of paint were used to identify things like heavy duty suspension etc. If you're into concours they matter.

Back
Top Bottom