Motorcycle lifts at Princess Auto? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle lifts at Princess Auto?

Priller

I've picked up a winter project, a 2001 RC51 that has been unloved that I'm going to make into a track hack.

I think in order to do this right, It's time I got a cheap lift to ease the process. Princess Auto is the obvious choice, and they've got two low-end options in the 1000 lb range, one by Power Fist and one by Pro Point.

The Power Fist one is on sale until tomorrow, at $450 (from $550), while the Pro Point one will go on sale next week at $500 (from $700). From what can see, the Pro Point is worth the extra $50, as it has a few more options and is slightly wider. I'm concerned the Power Fist won't be wide enough to use stands and the like.

Does anyone here have experience with either lift? I'm not fussed about the wheel clamp, as I'll be using track and jack stands to work on suspension anyway, so I'm mostly looking at quality of the parts, stability, etc.

Any info is appreciated, or alternative recommendations that are budget conscious...

I’ve got 2 - one at work that we use as a height adjustable work bench and one at home that I use with the bike. The one I use at home I upgraded the wheel chock. Not that anything happened, just wanted peace of mind. No complaints.
f507c61ddd567fdbb96c3d75cfbe683a.jpg

I have the same lift as Katatonic, but mine is yellow, so it's a touch faster.

I can't tell which is the $450 lift at PA right now, but the one that is going on sale tomorrow down to $500 seems very similar to mine. If that's the case - get that one. I like having both hydraulic and foot pump lifting ability and it also has 4 tie down points. I don't use the chock and the platform is easily wide and long enough to have the bike up and store tools and some bits you remove from the bike on. I also like that it has a mid-height lift setting which is the ideal height for some jobs. I've also had the bike up on the lift for weeks and the lock bar is ample strong to hold up my bike with no issue. Super happy with this purchase, going on 5 years now.

There's an older thread with some info you might find useful here: Motorcycle Lift from Princess Auto

Back
Top Bottom