Motorcycle Lapping Sun June 28, 2020 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Lapping Sun June 28, 2020

TMPracing

Site Supporter
Motorcycle Lapping: Sunday June 28th (9am-5pm)

Pre-registration: $140+HST - deadline June 21st
Registration at Track: $180 Cash

Pre-register and SAVE:

Any chance you'd consider running a non-sportbike day, or even a few hours?

I can think of a lot of cruiser riders who would love the opportunity to get their bikes out on a track and wring them out.

I'd be first in line. Also have a friend who rides an FJR who would be there with me in a heartbeat as well.

I can think of a lot of cruiser riders who would love the opportunity to get their bikes out on a track and wring them out.

I'd be first in line. Also have a friend who rides an FJR who would be there with me in a heartbeat as well.
TMP runs a day called surviving the streets on Aug. 1st. That might be worth trying with the cruisers.

Giggity.

Date still TBD, but I’m in whenever it’s announced.

So.. sign up, prep your bikes and go!
Shouldn't be anything stopping you guys from riding at a regular track day.

So.. sign up, prep your bikes and go!
Shouldn't be anything stopping you guys from riding at a regular track day.

I don’t want to be “that guy” with the farm tractor on the 401. ?

Regular track days require all the traditional prep as well such as switching out coolant for water, don’t they? The Surviving the Streets day specifically said that wasn’t required.

Regular track days require all the traditional prep as well such as switching out coolant for water, don’t they? The Surviving the Streets day specifically said that wasn’t required.
It's ok, they will just make you put a big yellow X on your back, then everybody will know to go around you ;)

I think a few would be surprised. But I know I'm still an F350 in a field of Lamborghinis in that situation. ;)

If your decent enough on the streets youd be fine in beginner. Its a lot of sport bikes but the average pace is pretty modest.

There was a guy last weekend on some sorta cruiser making the sport bike guys in intermediate look slow

Yes, you would have to change out the coolant.. and probably do a few other minor things to pass tech...
Just leave the water in until later in the season when it gets cooler... incase you go again.
I can't see anyone being bothered.. except may be the guys on sport bikes that get passed by you.

It's been a while since I've ridden at TMP.. but used to go there at least a couple times a week.. there was a guy with a cruiser there quite a bit.. think he used to help run some of the track days. May have been the same guy in the video above?

There was a guy last weekend on some sorta cruiser making the sport bike guys in intermediate look slow
Ducati Diavel? No surprise there.

No it's an old magna.

He's made some pretty solid alterations to the bike too - raised the ride height to get more ground clearance and updated suspension parts. I believe he changed out the front brakes callipers too, but it's been a long time since I've seen that bike.

I see TMP now has a date listed for their Surviving the Streets course, but I'm finding mixed info online about what it actually includes - seems from what I'm seeing online and on their website it leans a lot towards the basics - emergency braking, avoidance, etc...and less towards actual track time which is what I'm actually interested in. A friend is interested in coming as well on his FJR, but we've both done advanced rider training already and some of what the STS course lists is actually stuff far below what we've already done.

Can anyone here who's ever done the course chime in on what the experience entailed?

I see TMP now has a date listed for their Surviving the Streets course, but I'm finding mixed info online about what it actually includes - seems from what I'm seeing online and on their website it leans a lot towards the basics - emergency braking, avoidance, etc...and less towards actual track time which is what I'm actually interested in. A friend is interested in coming as well on his FJR, but we've both done advanced rider training already and some of what the STS course lists is actually stuff far below what we've already done.

Can anyone here who's ever done the course chime in on what the experience entailed?
Email Donald at platinum powersports and I am sure he can help answer your questions.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

I emailed the contact email at TMP just before posting this with some generalized questions along the same lines, but thought I'd ask for insight here as well in case the response isn't as detailed as I'd ideally like. ;)

Back
Top Bottom