Motorcycle keys cut!! Lock Clinic Inc. 137 Vaughan Rd. (Bathurst & St. Clair) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle keys cut!! Lock Clinic Inc. 137 Vaughan Rd. (Bathurst & St. Clair)

Hello Arnold

I have a 1985 Yamaha FZ750, no key, to get one made can I just bring in the ignition or is there a code I can get off of it and tell you that ? It's a bit of a hike from Mississauga to your place, wondering if we can do this either by phone or email, and you can mail the key to me.

If there is an alternative to this or something closer someone knows about, please post

Thanks

I will pass this along if Arnold does not see it.
I imagine there has to be a code somewhere.
We will look into some of the manuals we have to see if the 1985 FZ750 is listed.
We also ask around through other Locksmiths if they have any info on a particular model that is not listed.

Good morning most likey, however we need to see the key. When you come to our location bring the Givi box with you. Arnold

Good morning yes we could even make all tree locks the same key. We need to have all 3 locks. Take them apart then rearrange the combination wafers so the lock become Keyed Alike. Bring the locks in the morning so we have at least one hole day to work on it. Only there are more customers we need to help, ansswer phone calls. Arnold

Good Morning GateKeeper. We could start with the helmet lock to make a key. Make an extra cut in the new key and it should open the gas cap. Now we need to use a progression system to make the key for the IGN. Providing all tree locks are on the same key. Arnold

Usually the gas cap and seat lock are just a generic lock, even a blank will open it. Worst case if you can get the tank cap open, just take out the tumblers and same deal with the seat lock, and the new keys will work perfect.

Still would be sweet if Arnold has a blank and can make it right from your ignition cylinder :) Take it to him and see what he can do.

-Jamie M.

I will pass this along if Arnold does not see it.
I imagine there has to be a code somewhere.
We will look into some of the manuals we have to see if the 1985 FZ750 is listed.
We also ask around through other Locksmiths if they have any info on a particular model that is not listed.

Good morning most likey, however we need to see the key. When you come to our location bring the Givi box with you. Arnold

Good morning yes we could even make all tree locks the same key. We need to have all 3 locks. Take them apart then rearrange the combination wafers so the lock become Keyed Alike. Bring the locks in the morning so we have at least one hole day to work on it. Only there are more customers we need to help, ansswer phone calls. Arnold

Good Morning GateKeeper. We could start with the helmet lock to make a key. Make an extra cut in the new key and it should open the gas cap. Now we need to use a progression system to make the key for the IGN. Providing all tree locks are on the same key. Arnold

Thanks for all the help.....

It will take a bit of time for me to get to the bike, it's currently under wraps, but as soon as I can get to the 3 locks I will pull them all and get this sorted out.

Appreciate all the responses

rstnick here.
Looking in one code manual, for the Yamaha, there are six code possibilities.
They list years from '81 to '90, with codes starting with an A to F, and 5 digits after the letter.
The manual also states the code is "on the underside of ignition housing".
Now sometimes keys cut by code don't work, because a number of factors such as the locks are worn, or have been changed in the past etc.
Most of the time the tail and gas tank locks do not have all the tumblers in them that the Ignition has, so making a key to either tail or tank will not work an ign, until we add or progress the missing cuts. Progressing means the computer tells us a number of possibles with the known cuts, and then tells us to cut the missing cuts, starting with a low cut number, trying the key, and if it does not work, cutting deeper in the key for the unknown cuts until it works.
The computer knows how many possibilities there are in the code series, and we progress a key, sometimes needing to use more than one blank.

Best if we have all locks, and a code.

Went to the Lock Clinic today to get a motorcycle key copied. Came out to $5-6.
Nice! Does it work good?

-Jamie M.

Does he have any Suzuki blanks? Need one for an k8 GSXR750, cut from my old key.

More like these:

001-600.jpg

If he has them I'll be coming by Monday otherwise I gotta order and wait.

Arnold, My father bought a scooter from his neighbor expecting keys but never got them before he moved on. The same key should work the gas cap as well but it's locked on. Any idea how we can get the cap off or get the starter switch out? Any alternatives? It's a 2008 TNG Milano 150cc 4-stroke. If there's only a few possible codes can I just pay for one of each then pick the one that works?

I've had 3 keys cut by him on separate occasions and they all turned out perfect. Great shop, you can bet I'll be back.

I had two keys cut (2009 r6 and 2005 vespa et4) and they were perfect. Great service, no complaints at all. And fast, very reasonably priced!

I was there last Thursday with the ignition and seat lock for a 2004 ZX6R and I didn't get this service. The keys were cut from the code on the seatlock and worked the seatlock and the tank (when I got home) .... but not the ignition. Why couldn't you use this progression system to place one more notch in the ignition key to work if it's that easy? No effort was made it seems. Punch in a code provided and cut two keys for $40 but no working ignition key......priceless. Can you suggest another locksmith that might be able to cut me an ignition key?

I was there last Thursday with the ignition and seat lock for a 2004 ZX6R and I didn't get this service. The keys were cut from the code on the seatlock and worked the seatlock and the tank (when I got home) .... but not the ignition. Why couldn't you use this progression system to place one more notch in the ignition key to work if it's that easy? No effort was made it seems. Punch in a code provided and cut two keys for $40 but no working ignition key......priceless. Can you suggest another locksmith that might be able to cut me an ignition key?
Strange that the code wouldn't cut an ignition key, just seat key. If he saw a code, he just cut keys from that.

Take your ignition back and let him know the code cut keys wouldn't work in the ignition. He can take a mold of the tumblers in the ignition and cut a key for your ignition.

EDIT: He's done this for Yamaha R6/R1 ignitions, not sure if yours can be done this way as well, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom