Motorcycle jeans | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle jeans

As with most things, you can pick 2 of 3:
Stylish/Sturdy/Cheap

I have a pair of PMJ Deux single layer jeans that were/are the first two. Riders Choice had stock in store last summer.

I ended up getting a pair of Scorpion Covert Ultras. They haven't arrived yet.

As with most things, you can pick 2 of 3:
Stylish/Sturdy/Cheap

I have a pair of PMJ Deux single layer jeans that were/are the first two. Riders Choice had stock in store last summer.
This.

Cheap could be different for different ppl. If some japanese salvage could go up to $500 so a pair of kevlar re-inforced riding jeans for 250-300 suddenly looks like a deal....

What do you think - is $200 the minimum threshold for anything decent? And is that "cheap"?

I am looking for a pair myself, but it looks like nobody has sizes in stock, expensive or not...

I have the Pekev Jeans by Resurgence. I only wear them a few times a year for really local rides running errands. They seem to be really well made and robust. I would feel confident that they will protect well in a slide at low to moderate speed. They are quite thick, so I wouldn't suggest them for mid-summer use, but they would be excellent for use between 10-25deg temps.

Looks like GP bikes sells a bunch of the Resurgence jeans, but not the ones I have specifically.

I have Joe Rocket highside that fit nice got them at Royal around $180

I also have a pair of PMJ jeans, can't recall the model name but they're great.

Single layer jeans will be much more comfortable and lighter weight, but won't have great slide protection. The double layer jeans I tried on felt much too heavy to wear in the summer.

I am in the hunt as well for pair of riding jeans. Guessing, they are for summer so keep that in mind. As mentioned above, double layer/ lined jeans are heavy and hot.

I bought John Doe cargo pants Defender and even for a single layer those are pretty thick (use search to find my review in another thread)

I am split on these ones - i wish they were a bit darker, more "indigo" - but these are a single layer AAA rated (highest)...

P.S. and these are "only" $330CAD lol

I have the Pekev Jeans by Resurgence. I only wear them a few times a year for really local rides running errands. They seem to be really well made and robust. I would feel confident that they will protect well in a slide at low to moderate speed. They are quite thick, so I wouldn't suggest them for mid-summer use, but they would be excellent for use between 10-25deg temps.

Looks like GP bikes sells a bunch of the Resurgence jeans, but not the ones I have specifically.

+1 on these.

I have them and have crashed in them. The hip padding did its job as did the Kevlar. I slid about 30ft and had no road rash or bruising. The stitching came apart at the hip where the impact happened. Bought another pair with insurance $.
They are my go to riding pant.

I bought John Doe cargo pants Defender and even for a single layer those are pretty thick (use search to find my review in another thread)

I am split on these ones - i wish they were a bit darker, more "indigo" - but these are a single layer AAA rated (highest)...

P.S. and these are "only" $330CAD lol
I’ve got the Defender and Dylan mono jeans. Hard to believe they’re AAA as they’re literally just like cargos and jeans. Pretty incredible.

I’ve got the Defender and Dylan mono jeans. Hard to believe they’re AAA as they’re literally just like cargos and jeans. Pretty incredible.
where did you buy the riding jeans? Perth Moto in St. Catherine?

I've got a pair of Resurgence Ultralites. They just feel like heavy duty denim. Looks decent, but I'm no fan of skinny jeans anyways. The only gripe is the hip armour digs into my hip a bit during long rides.

I have 3 pair.
Cortech. Draggin' Jeans. Joe Rocket.
The JR pair weren't too uncomfortable. They used to fit when I was 50lbs to the upside.
The Cortech and Draggin' require suspenders because they're so heavy. Not comfortable at all.
I got very cozy last season with a pair of Dainese textile pants in the heat. (always wear leathers otherwise).

where did you buy the riding jeans? Perth Moto in St. Catherine?
Didn’t have my size so I ended up buying from John Doe directly.

I’ve got a pair of Dylan monos for sale if you’re a 32x32 BNWT. I’d say they fit bigger than a typical 32x32 and have some stretch.

Scorpion fit well and seem nice enough. Funny though, they're not as stiff as jeans were, when I was a kid.

I have a couple pairs of the JR Atomic (they’ve changed slightly but mine look like those) jeans since 2014 and they’re now just starting to be worn out (around 150,000km of riding over that time). Worn them in 40c heat and were warm but not more so than regular jeans.

Back
Top Bottom