Motorcycle Helmets bought from online platforms had counterfeit safety certifications | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Helmets bought from online platforms had counterfeit safety certifications

I watched that bit on tv the other night. I didn't recognize any of the brands that were tested. It seemed to me that the entire piece was aimed new riders who are looking at low cost helmets from third party sellers online.
And who would ever think that "Predator" helmet would be legal anywhere. That thing is part of a halloween costume at best.

Friendly reminder that DOT labels are not certifications, they are assertions from the manufacturer that they meet DOT standards

Edit - from the article:

"Marketplace also asked the U.S. Department of Transportation's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to respond to the investigation. In an email, the agency wrote that it relies on a self-certification process and will sometimes conduct random tests on some helmets, but it does take feedback and complaints from consumers into account. It also said it will recall helmets if necessary and acknowledged there are retailers that use fake DOT labels."

Back
Top Bottom