Motorcycle Happy Place | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Happy Place

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
So what's your motorcycle happy place? It's been over a year since I had a bike (Rebel 500) and I now have the CB500X and was riding on the weekend up in Wasaga around Blue...and just found myself...happy. No rhyme or reason, just cruising along being content with life the way it is.

The sun was shining, the weather was perfect (15-20C) and with the low traffic (thanks to COVID I guess) for the long weekend everything just seemed fine.

Not tearing up the curves, not speeding to HTA territory (I may have tested out the X to see what it can do with no one in sight), but just cruising along.

Went to try the Simcoe County Forest and got my ass handed to me 2x there, obviously I went in over my head. But I'll try another spot next time to see if it's more doable. So that put a dent into the ride, but I got it out of my system and came out still on 2 wheels and no injuries/damage to me or the bike.

But overall...the 80kph road with some decent curves (County Rd 19/119) was what I really enjoyed. I'm going to do the route posted here a while ago running FOTC, Hockley, River Rd etc in a few weeks (maybe next weekend) to see how I feel there. Also might do a run to Erie and then take the Niagara Parkway back to NOTL as that's also a happy ride for me. I don't do it often, but will post that one up to see if anyone wants to join.

That's my happy spot, the X did what it's supposed to do. No fuss. No issues. No drama. Just a good ride all along.

I’m with you. I’m riding not to break any records - I’m just chilling and enjoying a ride. Sun is shining, scenery is amazing, road is curvy… what else to wish?

Less distracted drivers please

My not happy place is the morning and afternoon commute. It just makes me want to speeed but using the hov lane reduces this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Less distracted drivers please

My not happy place is the morning and afternoon commute. It just makes me want to speeed

Get a guzzi, you'll be happy even at 50km/h

If I keep doing these long highway commutes, would a ducati xdiavel keep me sane?

If I keep doing these long highway commutes, would a ducati xdiavel keep me sane?

A multi would probably be more entertaining and comfortable for long highway runs

Niagara parkway is a great little stretch of scenery and curves and very enjoyable even keeping it legal. I’m generally always happy on my bike but I definitely prefer the curves which unfortunately there aren’t many closer to home. Having said that even commuting daily was something I looked forward to on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

The 401 commute literally killed my joy of riding a while back. Every time I looked at the bike I groaned in frustration because I associated the bike with the commute to work.

Between sections at certain trials is a very happy place. The Steel City Riders trial at Oshwekon is #1. Beautiful trail thru boreal forest is just surreal.
I miss the commute from Waterloo to Guelph. It's only 1/2hr, but very nice farmland and a few different routes to choose from.

Last edited:
I'm always happy unless I'm really stuck in traffic. I feel best around the 3rd hour into a day long ride - by then I'm usually somewhere interesting and not caring too much about anything except enjoying the ride.

2 wheels anywhere is my happy place. 80kph cruising on some meandering country roads, letting the 1000 stretch her legs now and again, or 15-25 kph in the dirt with the 2 smoker, and even at idle tagging along with my young boys on their 50s....all seem to wash away the stresses of the day to day.

Why is it that every post goes off topic within the first 3 replies?

Anyways, my happy place has to be arriving home after a great ride with no issues, idiots or near death experiences.
Park the bike, get off and have that little moment of regret that you didn't ride just a bit longer but glad you didn't push your luck and are able to ride again another day.

Why is it that every post goes off topic within the first 3 replies?

Anyways, my happy place has to be arriving home after a great ride with no issues, idiots or near death experiences.
Park the bike, get off and have that little moment of regret that you didn't ride just a bit longer but glad you didn't push your luck and are able to ride again another day.
That’s a great insight. Love it.

I never realized I do something similar. Make sure to hug the kids and wife, go out, and a sigh of happiness that I’m pulling back in the driveway. Especially when the kids rush up and want to hug while my helmet is still on.

EDIT: As for the thread derails... it’s GTAM. Open discussion will always have that, and personally some detours are good.

I would say any time the bike is loaded for a trip of more than one day is a happy place. Knowing some kind of adventure awaits.

"adventure is just bad planning" Roald Amundsen

EDIT: As for the thread derails... it’s GTAM. Open discussion will always have that, and personally some detours are good.

Yeah, It was posted in jest.. I just find it funny that apost about one thing, turns into something different so quickly.. 🤪

Back
Top Bottom