Motorcycle gear - Who wears all black? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle gear - Who wears all black?

Bike: black
Riding pants: black w/ reflective strips
Jacket : Peat colored with reflective seams
Helmet: Grey and white
Backpack: Black with reflective seams

So for the most part..im not the most noticeable but id say just enough to not be ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by defeater905 View Post
It's my first season, pretty much wear all black. Black bike too. I don't feel invisible really. I'm actually surprised by the way people drive around me. they gernerally give me quite a bit of space, unlike when I'm in my car... Strange. At night I throw on a reflective vest to help out. I'll probably always wear black or grey. Colours can be cool for a couple years then can be cheesy the next. Black is timeless. Doesn't help I work with colour all day as a designer.

wait til you are in the fog and rain at dusk in traffic....you may rethink form over function. HiViz Helmet in Yellow would be best practice. Vest is okay if you remember to put it on.

There are also very hi-viz Solas tapes you can use on the helmet or bike or jacket that light up like crazy. There is a thread around here on them.

All black, never had any issue around visibility.

"All black everything." Hova. That's how I roll.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

All black here. Not an aggressive rider and I rarely ride at night. Don't feel like I'm any less visible than the average hi-viz dork. Hi-viz seems counterproductive in broad daylight.

Bike: Red
Big A.S.S. Topbox: Black/Silver
Helmet: Black
Jacket: Black/Hi-Viz
Pants: Black/Reflective Strips
Boots: Black

You can see me com'n a mile away...

I don't think Hi-Viz looks dorky... some others do. You are entitled to your opinion...

However, I would rather be a 'Live' dork, than a 'Dead' dork...

Last edited:
Want to be seen, use a simple pure white helmet and wear whatever colour gear you like. Hi vis doesn't work as well when you're sitting behind a fairing or a top box or wearing a black helmet, because it can't be seen as easily as a white helmet which is very visible no matter what type of bike you're riding based on its high, unobstructed location. Get rid of the fancy paint, dark coloured helmets. If you want to have a discussion on visibility, black leather, (or whatever material you like but why would anybody not want to wear black leather all the time?) riding gear is not the relevant issue.

Hi vis doesn't work as well when you're sitting behind a fairing or a top box.

A buddy drove me to the dealer the day I picked up the Duc. The bike was fully dressed... Topbox and Paniers. On the way home, I got quite a ways ahead of him. He lost sight of me for a while... With me still a ways ahead, he spotted a bike. He said he knew it was me by the Hi/Viz Jacket...

However, I agree with you that a light coloured helmet, White or Yellow, would be best in regards to being highly visible. I chose the Bell Star Carbon (nice lid...) black only. C'est la vie!

Last edited:
safetylab.jpg

Bike: Red
Big A.S.S. Topbox: Black/Silver
Helmet: Black
Jacket: Black/Hi-Viz
Pants: Black/Reflective Strips
Boots: Black

You can see me com'n a mile away...

I don't think Hi-Viz looks dorky... some others do. You are entitled to your opinion...

However, I would rather be a 'Live' dork, than a 'Dead' dork...

Two eyes, two ears and a working brain will out perform hi viz, loud pipes and 10 inch tassle's dangling from your handlebars every day of the year.

Two eyes, two ears and a working brain will out perform hi viz, loud pipes and 10 inch tassle's dangling from your handlebars every day of the year.

True... but we are not going to catch every single potential danger... It's good to know there is Hi/Viz to cover our backs (no pun intended)...

Went out a bought a very hi-viz rain jacket. Now with a Hi-viz helmet too....helmet seems to make the most difference.

One trip to the dealer had me wearing my bright yellow rain jacket... Upon the next visit, the receptionist lady said she could see me for quite a ways on the hwy as I left the dlr on that rainy day. The dealership building faces the QEW.

Cover your backs, yes, but don't forget to cover your backsides as well.

If she did that, we wouldn't be able to appreciate her lovely cheeks...

You'd have to be an idiot to ride in all black knowing how bikes lose the crash contest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom