MotoGP Portimão | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP Portimão

Wish I would have gone to this…would have been nice to be at the first race with the new format! And the weather looked perfect! Going to hit one this year, but still TBD

And just like we all were afraid of, Sprint racing has already claimed a victim.

Spoiler alert for those who haven't seen it yet...

it looks like Bastianini will be out at least the first two races of the season.

The two long lap penalties don't get carried over to the next race?
The Ezpeletas and Marc are so greasy.

I'm the first to roll my eyes at the kid gloves Dorna uses in their dealings with Marc, but in this case I'm pretty sure it's the FIM stewards responsible for the busted wording.

If anyone is interested in talking about the rest of the season, there's a thread for the 2023 MotoGP season over here:

2023 MotoGP Discussion (No Links - Contains Spoilers!)

I'm the first to roll my eyes at the kid gloves Dorna uses in their dealings with Marc, but in this case I'm pretty sure it's the FIM stewards responsible for the busted wording.
Dorna is the top dog that controls the stewards all said and done.j
Personally, I’m tired of the kid gloves they treat Marquez with. Zarco has done similar stupid stuff and has suffered far worse penalties.

Somebody needs to pay attention that Marquez won’t win this year’s title and accept it. He’s not the Golden Goose that Rossi was.

They should also bring back the penalty point system, which unsurprisingly was instituted because of MM93 in the first place.

Portimao is awesome! I went to the WSBK race there last October and had a blast.

Honda taking legal action against the penalty.

Ol' Carmy Ezpeleta salivating out of his lizard glands at the opportunity to say "Well we really wanted to punish Marc but it would be illegal, but trust me, we totally really wanted to punish him. Honestly. For real. I mean it this time."

Marc meanwhile:20230330_092419.jpg

MotoGP, just like all motor racing championships, is a risky sport. There are several variables–some in and some out of the rider’s control–which is why crashes become quite common. And when you race in close quarters, i.e. opening laps, there’s a high chance these crashes will ruin someone else’s race. In fact, taking another rider out is not uncommon by any measure, and all your favorites - be it Valentino Rossi, Jack Miller, Casey Stoner - have done it at some point in their careers.

In case you still don’t get the point, just remember Jerez 2011 where Rossi took out Casey Stoner in a desperate overtake attempt. Now, we’re not saying any of this is “acceptable”, but it is surely not something out of the ordinary. Or an incident that deserves such strong criticism against the Honda rider.

In case you still don’t get the point, just remember Jerez 2011 where Rossi took out Casey Stoner in a desperate overtake attempt. Now, we’re not saying any of this is “acceptable”, but it is surely not something out of the ordinary. Or an incident that deserves such strong criticism against the Honda rider.
It’s not because he’s a Honda rider…
It’s because he has done this before several times. More so than any other modern rider that I can think of off the top of my head.

Even Jack Miller yesterday on the Press conference said " enough talking about Marquez" this is motogp and accidents happen!!
The social media now a days has gone way too far!! I prefer the old days more simple and less BS!!!

social media has the ability to wind up any crowd, and there are some moto journalists that will wind up a debate to increase traffic on thier pages . Its become part of all motor sport. To get to the front and stay there, risks are taken , if it works your a hero for a day, when it doesnt your the villian. Every one at the front of the pack has been a douche on occassion.

Back
Top Bottom