MotoGP 2017 | Page 58 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2017

While JL was ignoring his team I was wondering if he was paying MM back. In the end it did not matter. There's no question that MM is a phenomenal rider. He will give VR a run for GOAT....eventually.

Thank you johnscruiser !!!!!!!

Tonight folks! 4am EST!

first_test.png

Enjoy!

Thanks again everyone! To another year :eek:ccasion5:

Thanks for all the hard work this year, JC! I need to get back home, I've been away on business with spotty hotel Internet (50-100kb/s upload speed!), and play with VPS stuff. Glad to hear about the plans, as I said in that PM I tracked/traced the hits per link and it seemed to me something was going on on since Motegi or Phillip Island.

What I want is Lorenzo's reason for letting Dovi pass, other than Ducati pays his bills.

Team orders suck, but that is how it rolls when you're in a works Team: the Brand and Team always come first and should they falter to do so, they'll put in anyone who will tow the line. What worries me is if that holds true then Pedrosa will never vacate that HRC seat.

But Valencia was unique, JLO was actually staying in front to help Dovi stay in the fight:

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/lorenzo-ignoring-team-orders-was-best-for-dovizioso-978110/
https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/dovizioso-lorenzo-didn-t-hold-me-up-valencia-977728/

Had they both stayed on the bike, I'm sure Jorge would have let him by. It didn't matter in the end, of course. Neither had the pace of the Hondas or Zarco.

Last edited:
Wow, all this teeth gnashing over team orders. Imagine if it had made any difference to anything!

I'd love to see a rider win without a team anyways.
rossi_motogp.jpg

MotoGP 2018 - Pre-Season MotoGP Test Nov 14, 2017 - Valencia is now LIVE STREAMING in 720p on MontrealSSD, NY and Amsterdam!

Enjoy!

Interesting. Zarco half a second off pole time on the 2017 Yam and half a second quicker than Rossi's qual time. Zarco himself thinks it's a much better bike than what he had so far

Last edited:
How can you say for sure that Sete, Max, Barros etc were all bad racers?

How can you even compare them? Different Bikes, different tires, etc...

Sure Rossi blitzed them all, but was that because they were bad riders? Or was Rossi that good?

Think about the changes that went on between 1999 and 2004, Tires, Motors, Teams, electronics...All of them changed SO MUCH in a very short amount of time.

Guys like Barros, Biaggi etc all started their careers focusing on learning how to ride a fire breathing 500 two stroke, then all of a sudden they had to relearn and taylor their riding to a 1000cc four stroke.

No, the riders who were competing against Rossi were not bad riders or any less talented than the current crop. Rossi was just the MM of the early 2000s.

What makes Rossi the GOAT, is more than just him being a great rider, his ability to develop a motorcycle, and his PR ability is unrivaled. THAT is what makes him the greatest of all time.

He hasn't done much for the M1 this year and his development ability seemed to abandon him completely at Ducati. When he moved from Honda to Yamaha they were already in the process of fixing the bikes previous problems so it's difficult to say how much of a role he actually played in that turnaround.

MotoGP 2018 - Pre-Season MotoGP Test DAY 2 Nov 15, 2017 - Valencia is now LIVE STREAMING in 720p on MontrealSSD, NY and Amsterdam!

Enjoy!

First Harris, now Gray, Suppo and Raines... I'm seriously starting to hate 2018

What makes Rossi the GOAT, is more than just him being a great rider, his ability to develop a motorcycle, and his PR ability is unrivaled. THAT is what makes him the greatest of all time.

Unfortunately for MM, no matter how many titles he takes, no matter how many races he wins, no matter how many VR46 statistics he obliterates, for some fans, he will never be GOAT just because he didn't duck into a washroom during the final lap, or there were no funny yellow wigs anywhere...

That's too bad. :dontknow:

Last edited:
YES! I didn't want to ask if you'd cover testing this year, felt a little pushy. You're bloody awesome man! Thanks for everything! What is it now... 5 yrs? You've never disappointed once!

Echo the comments above, many thanks John.
Are there any links anywhere to any of the previous season's stuff, either to stream or download?

How can you say for sure that Sete, Max, Barros etc were all bad racers?

How can you even compare them? Different Bikes, different tires, etc...

Sure Rossi blitzed them all, but was that because they were bad riders? Or was Rossi that good?

Think about the changes that went on between 1999 and 2004, Tires, Motors, Teams, electronics...All of them changed SO MUCH in a very short amount of time.

Guys like Barros, Biaggi etc all started their careers focusing on learning how to ride a fire breathing 500 two stroke, then all of a sudden they had to relearn and taylor their riding to a 1000cc four stroke.

No, the riders who were competing against Rossi were not bad riders or any less talented than the current crop. Rossi was just the MM of the early 2000s.

Totally agree with the above.

As much as I would like see Rossi win another championship, it's not possible, his time had passed. Marquez is the new VR46, and if he stays healthy, he'll be a force to be reckon with.

Apologies in advance for bringing up 2015, but for me the more time goes on I'm even more gutted for VR that it happened.

I think if Rossi won his 10th that year, he'd have retired by now and would be focusing on the VR46 stuff even more than he already does.
He's so passionate for his 10th title that he'll almost be blinded by the fact that he was at his prime a few years back... furthermore when he jumps on his M1 and wins at Assen for instance he's not going to think that he hasn't got it anymore.

Honda Racing Thanks Day highlights and full event:

[video=youtube;tbOynW-MD1g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbOynW-MD1g[/video]

The Super GT cars and Takuma Sato's Indy 500 Winning were there along side the Repsol 2017 machines; funny enough they got Jenson to step in as an F1 pilot replacement as Fernando Alonso was nowhere to be seen this year. I expect this footage to appear on the new Marquez film as he seemed to be enjoying himself on that super cub race getting it sideways everywhere.

Its sad to see Honda falter as they did in F1, especially given their racing success in other categories, but it was just not going to happen with so many DNFs and mechanical failures and Fernando who still the best Driver on the F1 grid at extracting the potential of any car.

Last edited:
Hey John, start of season is coming fast. Are you gonna be uploading and streaming MotoGp stuff as usual this season too? Just wondering, since you spoiled us last year : )

Back
Top Bottom