Most dangerous vehicle to bikers? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Most dangerous vehicle to bikers?

You may not like what I have to say but it was probably your fault. I never ride parallel to any vehicle, always in front of or behind and anticipate by glancing at his rear view mirror or front tires.

If you have no choice and are beside him, get close to his side vision so he knows your there, always ride somewhat erratic and not complacent.

true. though hard to do if you are in rush hour traffic

Plain.

White.

Vans.

Oh,yeah. Especially the rusty, banged-up types driven by electricians, painters, etc. I avoid them like the plague.

Also: Rich women in high-end SUVs and BMWs. Most of the egregious tailgating I've experienced downtown has involved that demographic.

Oh,yeah. Especially the rusty, banged-up types driven by electricians, painters, etc. I avoid them like the plague.

Also: Rich women in high-end SUVs and BMWs. Most of the egregious tailgating I've experienced downtown has involved that demographic.

My experience is that males, in expensive European vehicles, are the worst and most aggressive tailgaters.

This is getting ridiculous. If it's not bikes then it's these:

081002.jpg

Last edited:
While riding, the most dangerous vehicles to me are:

The one looking to turn left in front of me.

The one looking to enter the road I'm riding on. Generally from another road or parking lot.

It's not right to profile vehicles and this thread should be locked for doing so.
;)

PS. Is it really possible to be racist for specifying the color of a vehicle? Vehicles have a race? I mean, I know some are raced.......but that's illegal on Ontario roads........ok, lame.

Carry on.....

- nakkers

Of course the worst vehicle is the one driven by the distracted driver. Having said that distraction seems to be directly proportional to the size of the vehicle. Minivans and SUVs have drivers distracted by their kids, personal use pick-ups.... Bigger factor is that they are also "impaired" by the size of the vehicle and the giant pick-up, van, SUV just ads to the danger for everyone (not just bikers) because the driver's abilities do not match the vehicle size and they cannot see anything around, them take longer to stop.....

Ooops I forgot to add what is distracting the pick-up drivers. drivers of SUVs and vans are usually distracted by kids. Pick-up drivers are distracted by their incredibly small hardware they are obviously compensating for.... Not people using pick-ups for their intended purpose (work) I am talking about the hardware distracted personal use people, that BTW usually have tarted-up, pristine trucks, with useless 6' boxes. Sorry if the truth hurts... According to my email, their have been wonderful advances, maybe you can sell the truck get that stuff the spammers are selling and save the life of a motorcyclist.

油井緋色;1752726 said:
I've noticed pick ups in general have the most dangerous drivers; they intentionally do really aggressive, retarded things.

Most other "dangerous" vehicles do not do it intentionally, pick ups seem to (cutting people off, speeding, going to the wrong side of the road to pass, no signals, etc.).

I find that it's people driving company cars... especially tradesmen driving company-issued cars. The driver cares very little for the car and somehow, that translates into poor/aggressive driving on the road.

Back
Top Bottom