More of a small camera recomendation than about the pictures. | GTAMotorcycle.com

More of a small camera recomendation than about the pictures.

veteq

Site Supporter
I always wanted a camera capable of competing with the SLR quality but in a much smaller form factor. The very expensive Leica M9 was one option for some but too expensive for my modest budget. The new Fuji is the next best thing. I picked it up on Friday and took it for a field test on Sunday. For the size of this camera, the results are amazing; in my opinion. What do you think?

the camera in question.
http://www.finepix-x100.com/

fuji1.jpg

fuji2.jpg

Those pictures look really sharp and the colours, especially the yellow, really grab my eye. Excellent pics!

Eh... for 1000 bucks??? I'm off. I'll rather do the same color shape in photoshop:sign3:

Great pics, and a great camera for sure. A bit specialized for most though.

I picked up a Canon S95 to carry instead of my DSLR. The picture quality is fantastic, and at around $400 it's a reasonable expense for a point and shoot. It's not full DSLR quality, but the sensor is substantially bigger than a regular point and shoot, it has full manual controls, and with the very fast f2.0 lens it does a great job in low light.

a lot has to do with technique. You seem to have a knack of taking great pics. , so I am not surprised at these pics.

Orientation of image: 1
File change date and time: 2011:05:09 07:56:41
Image input equipment manufacturer: FUJIFILM
Image input equipment model: FinePix X100
Software used: Adobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
Exposure time: 0.001
F number: 5.6
Exposure program: 3
ISO speed rating: 200
Shutter speed: 9.96578
Aperture: 4.97085
Brightness: 8.99
Exposure bias: 0
Maximum lens aperture: 2
Metering mode: 5
Light source: 0
Flash: 16
Lens focal length: 23
Focal plane X resolution: 924
Focal plane Y resolution: 924
Focal plane resolution unit: 3
Sensing method: 2
There's Photoshop in game:toothy9: So those pics cannot be trust-able anyways tho.
Yeh..! Photoshop is a great thing, especially when it's cracked properly:lmao:
:la:

There's Photoshop in game:toothy9: So those pics cannot be trust-able anyways tho.
Yeh..! Photoshop is a great thing, especially when it's cracked properly:lmao:
:la:

These were taken in Raw format, I could have taken the EXIF info but decided against it. Most Raw pictures are "washed out" by design. Most of the adjustments applied were to match the brightness and contrast to the real world and to remove cars that were in the picture. I will post the original later tonight. The Raw coming out of this camera is as good as the one coming out of my Canon 7D

Awesome Highlights and colors, but I think for the price a Nicon SLR would be best and you can get the same colors and more features.

IMO a pocket camera should not be more than $300 and that is overprice.. That much money on a camera that can easily get lost or stolen is really not worth it.

But hey nice Cam still :) definitely no Photoshop on that, do some night shots and post some more pics.

is too bad I could not find a review on DPreview, you should email them and request one.. http://www.dpreview.com/products/fujifilm

There is a big difference between this camera and a p&s.
For one thing, the low light performance is exceptional, 3200 iso with no flash and very
low noise. The picture quality of the originals is also far superior to any p&s that I have seem.
For a camera of this size, it's quite an achievement. I have the option to return it of sell it for more than I payed for it, there is still a long waiting list on these; seen them for sale 200 over list price. Insane....but I am keeping it

Those pics look grainy to me and the colours maybe overly saturated. Also the detail in the tree of the first photo is non-existent. The photos look like typical average point-and-shoot quality.

Lastly, the pics are way too small to judge the quality of the image this camera takes.

I think that's about it.

They're nice photos but quality-wise completely average looking to me. Maybe it's the compression, or maybe its just an average P&S quality camera.

Speaking my opinion. Negative much :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom