Montreal Parking | GTAMotorcycle.com

Montreal Parking

fuwafuwa

Can anyone explain the motorcycle parking rules in downtown Montreal. I did some research and it seems pretty complicated

I am on a road trip and wish to stay there for a night (have a few stores I want to visit in downtown). Planning to stay at a hostel near Rene-Levesque and Crescent. I can Uber while i'm there but at the very least I need to find a spot for the bike to park overnight.

-Can you only park at designated moto spots?
-I heard for regular street metered spots, it is 1 bike per spot and you have to park in the center of it to prove you're first. http://canadamotoguide.com/2016/07/11/making-life-difficult-for-motorcyclists/
-Is it the same rule for underground parking? 1 bike per spot?

Last time i was there I parked my car for two nights at a lot not far from the intersection of st Laurent and st Catherine for 40 bux, my RB&B was a two min walk up the street, car was safe and in tact when I returned to it a few days later. There is a TONE of little nooks and cranny's to pay and park. Better to do that than risk parking on city streets, I dont think parking on the street is allowed over night in a lot of areas.

Private parking is much more affordable there. Talking with the lot attendant to accommodate two bikes is easier than assuming the city rules?

We park in Montreal often and it seems you need a masters in sign language to understand some of the conflicting and confusing stuff they put up there. When in doubt, ask a local.

By the way - an uber cheap place we used to always crash at in large groups during the summer was Solin Hall. We've done 7 people for $105/night and it had 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen and living room.

Can anyone explain the motorcycle parking rules in downtown Montreal. I did some research and it seems pretty complicated

I am on a road trip and wish to stay there for a night (have a few stores I want to visit in downtown). Planning to stay at a hostel near Rene-Levesque and Crescent. I can Uber while i'm there but at the very least I need to find a spot for the bike to park overnight.

-Can you only park at designated moto spots?
-I heard for regular street metered spots, it is 1 bike per spot and you have to park in the center of it to prove you're first. http://canadamotoguide.com/2016/07/11/making-life-difficult-for-motorcyclists/
-Is it the same rule for underground parking? 1 bike per spot?

Don't park on the street. Been awhile since I have done Montreal, but I rarely paid for parking. I used to park my bike at The Hall Building (Concordia University) on the east side of MacKay St. There was usually about 20 bikes parked there. I think that's gone now, but ride around the university to see where the students park their bikes. If I paid on a Saturday night, I used Eddie's Car park on Crescent. All the SS riders used to park in front of Amusement 2000 on St. Catherine St. for some reason. There are lots of nooks and crannies in Montreal to put a bike. Not like Toronto where the cheap b-tards build right to the edge of the lot and have a towing company watching it.

Stay off Rene Levesque because they come with a tow truck after 3pm and snatch your bike. They got that from Toronto.

Last edited:
Thanks guys I ended up parking at the Novotel underground lot. $15 for 24hr. 5 minutes walk to my own accommodation. From what I gather, many hotels along Rene Levesque offer service like this

Back
Top Bottom