Min wage increase | Page 33 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Min wage increase

So it was demonstrated years ago with the bump from 6.85 to 11, that cost of living rapidly increased, thousands of jobs dissolved, and absolutely nobody was better for it in the end. It's being re-demonstrated right now. And you mean to tell me there are still people out there still drinking the koolaid and thinking that walmart, macdonalds and TDL head office is going to absorb even one cent of this?

Ron White was right.

There's a very wide body of literature in labour economics that shows the empirical evidence against minimum wage isn't anywhere near as clear as you suggest it'd be; in a number of places increased minimum wage hasn't resulted in higher unemployment as would be expected.

I also lived through that increase in minimum wage and I have no idea what you're talking about... the Ontario economy has posted undeniable growth since then, even accounting for the economic crisis in 2008. Here is a handy graph of that growth:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/577539/gdp-of-ontario-canada/

Your statement makes even less sense because when you look at the minimum wage level adjusted for inflation and you see that the minimum wage adjusted for inflation really hasn't changed that much up until recently, so what would the reason have been for all those job losses you mention. The article below has a useful graph:

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...ge-increase-highest-in-more-than-four-decades

You're not smart enough to be calling people stupid just because they disagree with you. Take a chill pill, nobody's taking bread off your table and if you're as productive as you suggest you are, you have nothing to fear from any potential job cuts.

Last edited:
You might want to use Government reports, especially from the Auditor General's office, as a source.

You might want to use Government reports, especially from the Auditor General's office, as a source.

Lol for an internet argument?

Auditor General doesn't do their own stats collection. The table in the Citizen cites its data from the Bank of Canada. As for the GDP growth one, I just did a cursory google search and came across it... if you don't trust the figures there, just check CANSIM/Statscan... it's public info.

Back
Top Bottom