Method of Payment - Service Fee | GTAMotorcycle.com

Method of Payment - Service Fee

xyz999

Hey guys,

I just received my Cornerstone insurance doc in the mail this week. Had a close look at it I find that there is this $71.52 Service Fee under Method of Payment. I asked for a visa quarterly payment options for my insurance plan. So is the Service Fee a regular charge or something extra for my payment option? Gonna call my broker on Monday to confirm.....

Not sure, dunno if I had that. I am at work and can't check my paperwork at the moment.
I am with Cornerstone as well. Who do you deal with there?

I don't even see a box called "Service Fee" in the section 10-Method of Payment.

If you pay your policy 100% up front, then there is no service fee. If you pay for your policy in monthly/quarterly installments, then your insurer will charge a small interest rate (perhaps 3% or something like that).

Thanks, much clarify. Did a quick calc and 3% should be about right, and acceptable I guess...

I don't know the exact percentage, but it won't be terrible. It will probably be close to the prime rate.

If you pay your policy 100% up front, then there is no service fee. If you pay for your policy in monthly/quarterly installments, then your insurer will charge a small interest rate (perhaps 3% or something like that).
Wawanesa charges a stated 3% service fee on the total premium if you are on their monthly preauthorized payment plan.

Back
Top Bottom