Merino Wool clothing | GTAMotorcycle.com

Merino Wool clothing

gaihosa

Looking for some leads on 100% merino wool clothing, I ride in the winter and it's time to start replacing my gear. Looking at socks, baselayers, and hoodies. Already checked Marks and Sports Check.

Icebreaker has good deals at their outlets. Either Darn Tough or Smartwool for socks

ColdPruf is my go to.

I bought oversized so they would go over any other layers and that provided instant warmth from the inevitable cold spots jackets have plus easy to strip off when it warms up. One thing I am for sure bringing to Australia.
Below 20c I get chilly on a long ride here when I leave early and the ColdPruf packs very small.

I am also finding Itchy Boots neck muff helps block chilly spots where the jacket and helmet meet. Useful garment and packs small.
1664821712136.png
Forgot about balaclavas....they are essential and need to have bibs front and back. Cant recall which one I liked best - the wind proofing is essential.
Like this - helmet fit is important tho

This RevIt looks seriously good for cold weather riding.
1664822265725.png
I also concur on a pinlock visor. I was shocked how well the C3 worked in cold weather.

Darn Tough for socks and they do honour their lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
I have some 20 year old Merino long sleeved shirts and pants from MEC.
Bought them with some silk ones at the time.
Need a couple of small holes stitched.

SmartWool. I buy mine from Altitude Sports out of Montreal or direct from SmartWool. Thin and warm and quality made.

Altitude Sports often has sales and you can buy a lifetime membership that gets you 5% off every order and they often have a double discount sale where you get 10%.

Last edited:
@OP, dont know where you are but Decathelon stores have the most reasonable merino wool stuff I've found , undershirts and long johns. Also its hit or miss but Costco will often have some winter T shirts ect.
Little harder to find but alpaca socks are pretty good also.

This might be helpful

These are my go to riding socks. They breathe well and are great value for money.

@OP, dont know where you are but Decathelon stores have the most reasonable merino wool stuff I've found , undershirts and long johns. Also its hit or miss but Costco will often have some winter T shirts ect.
Little harder to find but alpaca socks are pretty good also.
Costco does carry some Paradox winter shirts - but you need to balance the low price with the low amount of Merino wool content.
They also currently have a Karbon battery operated heated vest.

Likely any buff will do but Itchy's is the first I've bought and has generous material so works for me.....and her.
Will double as a face mask.Itchy Boots - Don't ask me why, but I got the feeling that... | Facebook
Finding it blocks a bit of noise from the bottom of the helmet.

Likely any buff will do but Itchy's is the first I've bought and has generous material so works for me.....and her.
Will double as a face mask.View attachment 57855
Finding it blocks a bit of noise from the bottom of the helmet.
And its great to keep earbuds in (they give me directions if needed and double as noise blockers)

look into Plugfones
i get it...but i already have my jabra elite 75t
and also have my edifier tws1
and also have my aftershokz (which ill never wear under a helmet again lol)

i get it...but i already have my jabra elite 75t
and also have my edifier tws1
and also have my aftershokz (which ill never wear under a helmet again lol)
I have airpods and had some samsung buds before then. they were OK but not ideal, these are ideal.

Back
Top Bottom