Mazda 3 and Lawn Mowing :) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mazda 3 and Lawn Mowing :)

Bump! Starting the season with repeat client today.

Looking forward to work with any GTAMer :)
Congrats! I've seen small landscapers running around the last few weeks in our area already. We've been going full out with all this 'free' time around.

We are getting busy, however, I am one man down. I might be looking into hiring a high school student. Which means I would have to get WSIB. My partner got called back to his full time job.

Looking forward to provide our services to you guys and your neighbours. Follow us on IG: lawnbees

We are getting busy, however, I am one man down. I might be looking into hiring a high school student. Which means I would have to get WSIB. My partner got called back to his full time job.

Looking forward to provide our services to you guys and your neighbours. Follow us on IG: lawnbees
WSIB was not a big hassle in my experience. Good Luck.

WSIB is not a huge issue. Pain in the ass...but not a huge issue. Give them a call, tell them the work you're doing and they'll let you know. When my dad and I were doing contracting, it was about 9.8% that went to WSIB. Some businesses don't require it, you will for sure. Better to have it, but be prepared for a 10-15% hit.

EDIT: You should fall under group M....$1.61 per $100 of insurable earnings...oof.

Just pay him cash and be done with.
I wouldn't. There is a solid chance that an injury occurs. Sadly WSIB is like most insurance, you hope you never need it and you are annoyed with how expensive it is but if you need it, you are glad you had it (and also like insurance, you can expect to pay a lot more next year).

I wouldn't. There is a solid chance that an injury occurs. Sadly WSIB is like most insurance, you hope you never need it and you are annoyed with how expensive it is but if you need it, you are glad you had it (and also like insurance, you can expect to pay a lot more next year).
I’m all for making cash when possible but if an injury occurs you can get in so deep you’ll never get out.

best to bite the bullet and just pay the damn thing. Plus some customers actually want to see an insurance and WSIB certificate because they can be on the hook if you’re injured on their property.

WSIB is not a huge issue. Pain in the ass...but not a huge issue. Give them a call, tell them the work you're doing and they'll let you know. When my dad and I were doing contracting, it was about 9.8% that went to WSIB. Some businesses don't require it, you will for sure. Better to have it, but be prepared for a 10-15% hit.

EDIT: You should fall under group M....$1.61 per $100 of insurable earnings...oof.

WSIB made some changes this year that saw some of rates change drastically...
Group 'M' is correct.. I just looked up a bunch of landscaping companies' class/rates to confirm.

Last year I paid a few thousand in surcharges... but have gotten rebates other years.
I'm not sure exactly how it works under the new system.

Random somewhat related facebook ad. I hope your season is going well.

102876040_2680115352261885_3431247238367376519_o.jpg

I believe Small operators can setup partnerships if the owners are willing to operate without the protection of WSIB.

that said, WSIB is relatively cheap compared to the cost of losing a toe and 6 months income.

I believe Small operators can setup partnerships if the owners are willing to operate without the protection of WSIB.

that said, WSIB is relatively cheap compared to the cost of losing a toe and 6 months income.
If they actually pay out. I’ve read many horror stories where WSIB has denied claims.

they jacked their rates to increase their coffers a few years ago and have since lowered their % take as the accounts filled up.

Employment contracts..
Are something else you should be looking into if you are gong to be hiring employees.
Do not think you can print off some generic contract from the web and that it'll be good enough.
A lot of companies make the same mistakes with their employee contracts.. and those mistakes will make the contract void or unenforceable... and can end up costing the company significantly more than expected when the time comes.

Back
Top Bottom