Mavric Vinales Withdrawn from Austrian GP. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mavric Vinales Withdrawn from Austrian GP.

Low rider

Site Supporter
Mavric Vinales has been taken out of the race for rev bombing.
Yamaha did not like his actions on their motor, saying he took a risk of ruining the engine.

For the life of me, I have never ever understood rev bombing.

This is a Yamaha Race bike, and Yamaha takes Vinales out of the race for revving the engine to red line.

Can some of you take a clue.

Mavric Vinales has been taken out of the race for rev bombing.
Yamaha did not like his actions on their motor, saying he took a risk of ruining the engine.

For the life of me, I have never ever understood rev bombing.

This is a Yamaha Race bike, and Yamaha takes Vinales out of the race for revving the engine to red line.

Can some of you take a clue.
It would seem to be more optics than technical issues. If yamaha was really worried about engine health due to banging off the limiter, they could let it hit the limiter x number of times and then chop the throttle.

It would seem to be more optics than technical issues. If yamaha was really worried about engine health due to banging off the limiter, they could let it hit the limiter x number of times and then chop the throttle.
The story goes that he was intentionally leaving the bike in 5th gear and letting it bounce off the limiter.
When the techs downloaded the data it was decided Mav needed a time out.

The driver/ rider should ALWAYS listen to team principle... ain't his company that's putting his butt in/on the seat...

The story goes that he was intentionally leaving the bike in 5th gear and letting it bounce off the limiter.
When the techs downloaded the data it was decided Mav needed a time out.
Does he benefit from doing that in anyway?

He was having better luck with Suzuki.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom