Massive Renewal Increase | GTAMotorcycle.com

Massive Renewal Increase

K

Krauser

I just got my renewal in from Jevco, it went up from $1280 to $1705... All I gotta say is, what the ****? No tickets, claims, etc... EVER.

age, bike, location???? Give them a call ask whats up...mine dropped to 1800 from 2200 with Jevco on a 250, just turned 21.

If you read the insurance section, you would see that Jevco increased their insurance in May.

Rate increases are not uniform across all risk types. For example, supposing that your insurer took an OVERALL increase of 5%, riders in Brampton might see a 15% increase where as riders in Richmond Hill might see a 3% decrease. This is just one example using territory . . . the same concept applies to usage, driving history, displacement, age etc. etc. etc. as well.

St. Catharines, 24, M, SV650S.

I have to go with TD this year, I've been quoted $1480 -- better than $1705 but I'm surprised that TD is giving me a better quote since I'm not 25 or 30 yet.

Mandatory coverages plus liability bumped up to $1 million for a well-experienced rider with no tickets or collisions on a mid-size cruiser/tourer work out to one case of 24 domestic beer a month. My monthly rates have been stable give or take a bottle of beer for the last five years.

Rate increases are not uniform across all risk types. For example, supposing that your insurer took an OVERALL increase of 5%, riders in Brampton might see a 15% increase where as riders in Richmond Hill might see a 3% decrease. This is just one example using territory . . . the same concept applies to usage, driving history, displacement, age etc. etc. etc. as well.

This is a great scam opportunity. Lets take Brampton vs Richmond Hill.... 2011 You increase by 15 percent in Brampton & decrease by 3 percent in Richmond hill. In 2012, you decrease Brampton by 5 percent and increase Richmond hill by 7 percent. Chill out for a bit, reap the 100 % benefits and fail to fight fraud, instead just say....hey, the government requires it....why fight it...people need to drive to work, they will buy our "service" anyway. And hey, lets create an atmosphere that IF you use our service in the time of need.....your premiums may increase...perfect!! you sell a service and get people to avoid using it.... BRILLIANT!

Anyways, come 2013 or 2014, you increase Brampton by 4 percent claiming people stole a bunch of cars and you decrease Richmond Hill by 2 percent saying people were good drivers this year.

Basically, a slow percentage by percentage increase to get people used to higher rates....and with every age increase... you go WOW my insurance just decrease but really....it increased for the age group...but decrease for YOU cause you just got into that age group. ....... I am not sorry about my rent... I am against giving 25 percent of my paycheck to you thieves...when is the next protest???!!! I am also against paying liability for my car & my bike when I cannot physically drive both at the same time. Do you not understand?? IS NOT PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE FOR 1 PERSON TO DRIVE.....AND RIDE A MOTORCYCLE.... AT THE SAME BLOODY TIME. Sign me up.

This is a great scam opportunity. Lets take Brampton vs Richmond Hill.... 2011 You increase by 15 percent in Brampton & decrease by 3 percent in Richmond hill. In 2012, you decrease Brampton by 5 percent and increase Richmond hill by 7 percent. Chill out for a bit, reap the 100 % benefits and fail to fight fraud, instead just say....hey, the government requires it....why fight it...people need to drive to work, they will buy our "service" anyway. And hey, lets create an atmosphere that IF you use our service in the time of need.....your premiums may increase...perfect!! you sell a service and get people to avoid using it.... BRILLIANT!

Anyways, come 2013 or 2014, you increase Brampton by 4 percent claiming people stole a bunch of cars and you decrease Richmond Hill by 2 percent saying people were good drivers this year.

Auto/Bike Insurance is regulated, and the regulators aren't stupid -- "scams" would be blatantly obvious to the regulator.

Basically, a slow percentage by percentage increase to get people used to higher rates....and with every age increase... you go WOW my insurance just decrease but really....it increased for the age group...but decrease for YOU cause you just got into that age group. ....... I am not sorry about my rent... I am against giving 25 percent of my paycheck to you thieves...when is the next protest???!!! I am also against paying liability for my car & my bike when I cannot physically drive both at the same time. Do you not understand?? IS NOT PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE FOR 1 PERSON TO DRIVE.....AND RIDE A MOTORCYCLE.... AT THE SAME BLOODY TIME. Sign me up.

The multi-bike issue has been discussed before, and this is a problem due to the structure of the policy which is designed by the Ontario Gov't, not the insurance industry.

Basically, a slow percentage by percentage increase to get people used to higher rates....
Some would call that inflation. I recall newspapers costing a dime, bread 12 cents a loaf, gas at well under 50 cents a litre, brand new subcompact cars listing at $1,999.

Can you name very many basic consumer staples that have not steadily and even relentlessly increased in price over time?

Last edited:
I am also against paying liability for my car & my bike when I cannot physically drive both at the same time. Do you not understand?? IS NOT PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE FOR 1 PERSON TO DRIVE.....AND RIDE A MOTORCYCLE.... AT THE SAME BLOODY TIME. Sign me up.
Unfortunately, it is also virtually impossible to prevent you from giving that second vehicle to someone else to drive.

Auto/Bike Insurance is regulated, and the regulators aren't stupid -- "scams" would be blatantly obvious to the regulator.
The multi-bike issue has been discussed before, and this is a problem due to the structure of the policy which is designed by the Ontario Gov't, not the insurance industry.

Well yeah, if the government forces people to buy my broken product...why even try to change it. We are all human and want to get as much as possible for the least amount of work. So you just sit there and reap the benefits cause you really could care less if we get charged 300 bucks a month or 90 bucks a month, we have to buy it to ride.

Well yeah, if the government forces people to buy my broken product...why even try to change it. We are all human and want to get as much as possible for the least amount of work. So you just sit there and reap the benefits cause you really could care less if we get charged 300 bucks a month or 90 bucks a month, we have to buy it to ride.

The Gov't designs the product, not the insurance industry. We simply price the product that the Gov't designs.

Some would call that inflation. I recall newspapers costing a dime, bread 12 cents a loaf, gas at well under 50 cents a litre, brand new subcompact cars listing at $1,999.

Can you name very many basic consumer staples that have not steadily and even relentlessly increased in price over time?

True, inflation is a hidden tax caused by a central bank printing more money (bailouts / increase in paper throughout circulation) But, insurance is a service that requires no inventions, no materials to make
...but they need to have huge buildings in large cities of every country. You know, cause thats very cheap to do. If rates were increasing by the rate of inflation, then I could sort of understand. BUT, they blame it on fraud and well... well fraud is a problem with the internal processes of the company and should not be a problem for the clients. If insurance was not mandatory (and the world would not end BTW), companies would fight for your business.

Unfortunately, it is also virtually impossible to prevent you from giving that second vehicle to someone else to drive.

Well yeah its a money grab to make sure no one drives your vehicle but you.. but lets think a little bit. If someone who is not allowed to drive your car crashes, is your insurance company going to pay for it? No, the client loses for his/her stupidty. If there is a hit and run, you get f**ked for it.

The Gov't designs the product, not the insurance industry. We simply price the product that the Gov't designs.

I am not saying that this is by any means equivalent to what I am about to say but it follows the same logic:

Governments order armies to kill innocent people all the time. Furher Harper / Obama / ( whatever ) has ordered to me murder people in ( insert region here ).....

Just because the government orders it, doesn't mean it is right. And doing this to ordinary people who live in a consumer based economy will drag the economy down.

Well yeah its a money grab to make sure no one drives your vehicle but you.. but lets think a little bit. If someone who is not allowed to drive your car crashes, is your insurance company going to pay for it? No, the client loses for his/her stupidty. If there is a hit and run, you get f**ked for it.
The way the law sits now, insurance companies must still pay out certain claims costs for crashes even where you are stone cold drunk and not allowed on the road, the vehicle unlicensed and not allowed on the road, when you are unlicensed and not allowed on the road, and even where a vehicle you are operating is uninsured but you do have insurance on another vehicle. Sure, the insurance company can try to sue you after the fact to try and recover their costs, but....

Just because the government orders it, doesn't mean it is right. And doing this to ordinary people who live in a consumer based economy will drag the economy down.

Unfortunately, when government orders something, they do so through right and force of law. Ignore at your own peril.

Also, those insurance premiums that you pay to insurance companies don't go into a black hole. They are used to pay out claims when you have a crash and those claims payouts go back into the economy and support employment in the fields of medical rehab, collision repairs, paint and parts suppliers, auto rentals, lawyers, etc.

People employed in those industries than have income which they can feed right back into that consumer-based economy that you speak of, which in turn works to help provide livelihoods to others down the employment food chain. Look up "local money multiplier effect".

those claims payouts go back into the economy and support employment in the fields of medical rehab, collision repairs, paint and parts suppliers, auto rentals, lawyers, etc.

You mean all the people who milk insurance causing premiums to be even higher?

True, inflation is a hidden tax caused by a central bank printing more money (bailouts / increase in paper throughout circulation) But, insurance is a service that requires no inventions, no materials to make
...but they need to have huge buildings in large cities of every country. You know, cause thats very cheap to do. If rates were increasing by the rate of inflation, then I could sort of understand. BUT, they blame it on fraud and well... well fraud is a problem with the internal processes of the company and should not be a problem for the clients. If insurance was not mandatory (and the world would not end BTW), companies would fight for your business.

You clearly don't understand the inflation or the economic forces causing insurance premiums to rise. Since an injury isn't tangible, it isn't subject to inflation?

Back
Top Bottom