Marco Muzzo | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Marco Muzzo

From what I understand those "Charity" donations are huge tax write offs and are usually attached to backroom deals for contracts. I'd put my money on the muzzo business getting lucrative contracts worth much more then the donations...
All donations are tax write-off, that's an irrelevant point.

I'd agree with your premise if they were political donations, but these are almost all hospitals - i can't see where MacKenzie Health or Sick Kids would have strings to pull for drywall contractors.

All donations are tax write-off, that's an irrelevant point.

I'd agree with your premise if they were political donations, but these are almost all hospitals - i can't see where MacKenzie Health or Sick Kids would have strings to pull for drywall contractors.
Have you seen how much hospital renovations cost? As for political motivation, private sector could provide a donation which means tax dollars dont need to be spent on that item. Creating slush fund money is worth a lot of political capital.

They can donate all the money they want and they should.
I would prefer them donating the millions of $$$ that they have in the past but without the right to slap their name on on the room or wing of a hospital. I wondering how the donation amount would change if the naming right was taken away from the family.

Have the ever donated to MADD Canada. If not they should really consider it.

I would prefer them donating the millions of $$$ that they have in the past but without the right to slap their name on on the room or wing of a hospital. I wondering how the donation amount would change if the naming right was taken away from the family.

I rather see the money go to Sick Kids, charities like MADD have transitioned into personal wealth machines for their operators.

MADD, WE, BLM... look at the salaries snd lifestyles of their execs.

Reading the comments in that article and on here... and you can clearly tell how many are expressing rage without even knowing anything about the family nor the incident...
People commenting about his father making donations... or Marco getting off his private plane and into his Lambo before the crash... etc..
His father has been dead for some time. Marco Muzzo, the actual Marco Muzzo, was the grandfather.
The drunk driver is known as Michael.
The businesses are primarily owned/run by the uncles and other family... The drunk has been sort of sidelined for some time... before the crash... probably since his father passed.

it's also obvious that people are outraged more so because he is rich. No one is really talking about Brady Robinson.. not nearly as much as they are about Muzzo. Brady's incident was as bad or arguably worse and he received a longer sentence.. but he isn't rich.

You saw the same thing with the O'Leary boat crash... people were blaming her before they even knew what happened.. a lot wanted it to be Kevin that was operating the boat (even though it's usually Linda at the helm)... and even when the facts came out.. people were still trying to put it all on her. The courts cleared her.. but people still put it all on her... saying things like.. money talks, she got off because she's rich, cover up, etc...
It is understandable that some want to sanitize the world (Re-name Dundas Street etc) but keep in mind that bleach also destroys good bacteria.

I rather see the money go to Sick Kids, charities like MADD have transitioned into personal wealth machines for their operators.

This is the case with many, if not most charities unfortunately.

It's not really a mystery why one of the first things that Harry and Meagan did when they arrived in the States was to set up a charity, it certainly was not out of the goodness of their hearts.

Madd stinks more than JT and has completely detached from their roots. As mm said, they are just a propaganda and wealth machine now. I have no respect for what they have become and wish they admitted they have lost their way and disbanded themselves.

My only gripe with Sick Kids is that all they need to do is flash a picture of a cute little kid and the money pours in. Wrinkled old people have to beg. I've done work at Sick Kids and seen the pricing and the attitude.

There is no question about them doing good work but other organizations could do well on what Sick Kids spill.

Madd stinks more than JT and has completely detached from their roots. As mm said, they are just a propaganda and wealth machine now. I have no respect for what they have become and wish they admitted they have lost their way and disbanded themselves.
The MADD types I usually run into are using it as a temperance movement.

Back
Top Bottom