Making it all fit (garage pics) | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Making it all fit (garage pics)

@GateKeeper we looked at those epoxy kits too but went with the concrete paint instead...we washed, etched, washed...tons of dry time in between and it still flaked off...oh well...yours looks great...

Looks great. I’ve heard you can throw in a heavy grain sand to the mix to add grip. I agree, the one downside of the epoxy floors is they are slippery as hell when wet.
Most sand topp9ngs wear off. You meed to reapply every year or two. Still better than wiping out.

Goal this summer is to insulate and put heat into the garage. I still need to declutter more

Last edited:
Goal this summer is to insulate and put heat into the garage. I still need to declutter more
756e833b36813000528a52362034802d.jpg
I put a 6000W heater in the garage in the fall. Didnt need it this winter but it's there if I do. I would go bigger if I was doing it again. 6000 is in no hurry to raise the temp, just a warm breeze. This one was cheap and I had some spare wire to hook it up. About $100 installed for what I have.

I'd like to put some radiant tube heaters in my garage to work under when I'm out there. They're not really designed to heat the entire space, just the area below them. And they do that really, really well. Reality is the garage as a whole could never be effectively heated without a lot of work including insulating and drywalling...which would then cause me to lose a huge amount of my storage space in the rafters and such.

Ohhh ya, forgot the heaters, those need to go in as well, but need to run 220 to the garage, see it’s always something

If you dont have the panel in the garage I would just run a subpanel. 60 to 100 amp depending on how much capacity you have. Make all future garage projects easier.

If you dont have the panel in the garage I would just run a subpanel. 60 to 100 amp depending on how much capacity you have. Make all future garage projects easier.

Yes, No panel in garage, was going to run from main, to a sub panel, I'm just getting lazy

lights are in, even changed them to led tubes, but never wired them up, my projects are stacking up

Unless your garage is reasonably well insulated most 240v heaters will struggle in the winter. At that point it's either "major overkill" (a gas furnace that just pumps out heat faster than the garage loses it) or something like the radiant solution I mentioned.

That was on the list of potential future projects made easier. At this point, most of us will want EV power in the garage in the not to distant future.

Unless your garage is reasonably well insulated most 240v heaters will struggle in the winter. At that point it's either "major overkill" (a gas furnace that just pumps out heat faster than the garage loses it) or something like the radiant solution I mentioned.

The garage turns into a sauna in the summer, i suspect the lack of insulation might have something to do with that as well.

I'd like to put some radiant tube heaters in my garage to work under when I'm out there. They're not really designed to heat the entire space, just the area below them. And they do that really, really well. Reality is the garage as a whole could never be effectively heated without a lot of work including insulating and drywalling...which would then cause me to lose a huge amount of my storage space in the rafters and such.

Radiant heat is cheap to run but expensive to install.

I don't think it would generate enough heat in a garage to feel the warmth. Just maybe have a nice feeling on your feet (and your toys) but that's in.

I think an electric heater at least would do a better job but costly to run in the long term.

I have a 5000W heater from PA.
It does the job for what I need it to do.

I thought about a gas heater but I'm not in there that often or for a long period of time to warrant it. Plus I feel like the venting would be a bit of a challenge especially with an attached garage.

Back
Top Bottom